SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing with windows

hi! This books looks pretty good! There is only one problem from windows user point of view: Testing. It is big part of book, but the book does not cover how to set up testing environment on windows. yeah, it was said in the beginning that this does not cover those thing. But the problem is that i didn't found any help from internet neihter.

i found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9...rks-on-windows but i can't figure out how those advices work..

Is there any tutorial or advice? Big part of book is pretty useless for windows users without testing possibility..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got Cygwin working. In installer there is option where you should install also development tools(or something like that) which is not checked by default. Then i put cygwin/bin into path and restarted computer. Yay! make -command works in my cmd! But after that i faced new problems: "type error: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined". what? It is also complaining something about jquery. I'm in chapter 2 atm. If i comment exchange.js away, it actually works and al lthe test are failing.

Whoah, it took only something like 5 hours to figure it all out

SitePoint Author
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that could be a Windows issue related to:

var $ = require('jquery')
    and

var cloned = $.extend(true, {}, exchangeData);
    try removing the jquery import and replacing the clone code with:

var cloned = JSON.parse(JSON.stringify(exchangeData));

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep. I changed jquery to clone and it worked well!

I was waiting that everything is tested in this book so i can get more deep understanding about testing. But unfortunately there was something about testing only in first chapters. Well, at least i have now testing environment running so i can learn my self!