SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you edit the Main Nav menu (without using dashboard)?

I have 4 simple buttons on my navigation bar. Instead of going to Appearance --> Menus to try this, which file would I edit with the editor? I have looked through all of them and I just see things like nav-menu and top-menu. It's like maybe they are objects that are being called or something. I'm pretty new to this and realize that's probably wrong.

I can see where in my header.php that my menu is being pulled in (I think) but I just can't figure out where to edit it - example being if my Home button points back to the frontpage of www.mysite.com, where would I edit that link at in the actual code, if I wanted it to point somewhere else?

I did use the Menus option to recreate my menu and even added a custom location that way, but I still don't see where it changed it in the code.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see an edit button - just in case it needs to be said i'm using Wordpress with the standard Godaddy business theme. I think it's called Real Humble Hero. I just needed something simple and to the point.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your best option is to use Appearance -> Menus to build a custom menu. Once you get that thing all setup you can tell Wordpress where to use the menu. There is a short bit of code you can add to your Functions.php of your theme to register a new menu and position. Then you use another snipper of code to load that menu into your template.

What kind of edit are you trying to make the menu?
    MYCFMX (Under Construction)
    http://www.mycfmx.com/

More from me - coming soon