SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again. I need your help AGAIN. So sorry. I have created a doorway page for a particular keyword Thailand. Here is my doorway page http://www.gorgai.com/thailand.html
    I submitted it about Three days ago to altavista, excite, hotbot, alltheweb, go.com. I just checked it today and my page has not even be in the top 200. How come? I follow everything I learned on how to create a search-engine friendly page. Also, I checked with those top ten websites on Thailand keyword. They don't have as many Thailand words as mine. One did not even in English. It was written in Thai and there is not a single Thailand in that page except the title ZD-net Thailand.
    Any opinion?
    Knowing Thailand from Thai perspectives
    http://www.gorgai.com

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I would wait quite a bit longer before worrying about your site not yet showing up.

Have you checked that it has been spidered yet?

Incidentally, there is a grammatical error on your page (not being picky - just thought I'd help)
    Thailand at Gorgai will be fun and educatational experiences.
    should read something like:
    Thailand at Gorgai will a fun and educational experience.

It can take quite a while to show up on engines, so don't panic!

Peter
    Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, different engines update at different intervals ranging from a few days to several months. I'd steer away from doorways though until the site itself is optimised. Maybe add some content to the site about different things to do in Thailand, places to visit, etc and construct these content pages with metatags and optimised text so they act as doorway pages but are actually integral to the site itself. I'd try to avoid having too many links off the site as it's generally better to keep people interested in what you offer rather than sending them elsewhere.
    Simon Conroy,
    PPC Bid Management and ROI Tracking Solutions
    www.BidBuddy.co.uk www.ROIstats.co.uk

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to wait a bit longer. Altavista seems update their database from 7 days to 21 days. Google update twice a month, at around 14-18, and at the end of each month.

While some other search engines like excite, lycos may only update their database 2-3 months.
    Addto! e-commerce and Internet Marketing Directory
    Collects and refers hundreds of ecommerce, internet marketing, and website development solutions and advice to small business owners.
    You can access various domain registration info. too

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 days is a very short time to see results....

Give it a couple of weeks then have a check.....

hhmm I had an excellent site for eerything on doorway pages, but I seem to have deleted the link...

am looking .....

Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Maepompom,

You should wait a while for listing. I you would like an idea of how long it takes by engine check out http://spider-food.net/timing.html

That said, I'd like to make some suggestions to help you improve your doorway page. I see some problems here, but they could easily be overcome.

First - this is obviously a doorway that has been optimized for the keyword 'Thailand.' I think it's safe to say that would be apparent to people finding this page who did not even know what a doorway is. Unfortunatly, that means that your page is in that uncomfortable zone that rests between being considered spam and being considered something that actually adds some value to a search engine index.

Second - there isn't any real content on this page other than the fact that it mentions the word "Thailand" over and over.

Phrases like "The best way to learn about Thailand is to ask Thai people" seem to exist only to get the word Thailand in there one more time. In that regard, if I were an editor for a Search Engine, I would deleat this page immediatly and flag you for spamming.

sorry. But I really would deleat it.

Third - even if you make it past the Search Engine filters and editors the page still suffers. Just as in real estate the key to success is "location, location, location," the key to success on the web is "content, content, content." And unfortunatly, this page really doesn't say anything.

Even if it draws in a visitor - at best you are going to get a two second view before they click back to the other search results from the engine they just came from.

And lastly, I would suggest that you spruce up your design. One of the keys to a good doorway page is that it should integrate seemlessly into your main web site. By comparison, the doorway page you posted does not even share the same background color as your main web site. So, I think you have room to make a lot of improvement there.

Anyay - I hope you did not find that crital. But I feel confident that if you implement the chages I suggested you'll not only get your page into the search engines - but you might also get some visitors to your web site because of it.

Hope it helps.
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net