SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google Analytics Url

Hi,

I am noticing a fair few hits on the URL ending /contact/?dynamic_url=contact in Google Analytics. I dont know where Google gets this from or what it means? My contact page is at www.mysite.com/contact/. On the contact page i have a html form that calls itself on submit i.e. www.mysite.com/contact/, so i thought maybe after the form has been submitted Google was treating the second url as /contact/?dynamic_url=contact, but it seems that this url is being tracked more then the www.mysite.com/contact/ so that doesnt make sense. It is only happening on this url. Anyone know what it means?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can not suggest perfect solution without reviewing the contact page and thank you page but this is what i feed after reading given post.

It may happen that when ever some one land on your /contact/ page, he/she may redirect to dynamic page with query string having unique id for that particular inquiry right? This may be the reason, analytics tracking those pages as well.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems that the page is dynamically generated and that while you have a friendly URL (mysite.com/contact) the real URL is not user friendly and it is the one captured by Google Analytics. Since it looks like a parameter is being passed (/contact/?dynamic_url=contact... that =contact is the value of that parameter) my first suggestion would be to look at the contact form itself.

Maybe, there's another page (whether in your site or not, I don't know) that links to the form with the contact variable already filled in.