SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 can't create database

I have sucessfully installed Apache 2.0.45 with PHP 4.31 and mySQL 4.0.12. on my windows XP pro machine.

My problem is that when I right click in the databases pane of the WinMySQLAdmin tool I can't get the menu with the Create database option i only ever get the menus beginning with "Flush host" or "Hide Me".
    I can however manipulate the databases using a different GUI called "SQLyog". So my question is "What's wrong with WinMySQLAdmin?" It almost seems like a permissions issue that it will not let me create or alter the Databases in any way. Has anyone had this problem on Windows XP?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Keith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using phpmyadmin - http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ - i have used this for(ever) a while, and it is brilliant

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is because WinMySQLAdmin is a crappy way to administrate a database.

While PHPMyAdmin is good for a database on a remote server where you don't have to make major changes, it is slow and painful to use in a desktop environment. For the desktop I suggest using sqlyog over the WinMySQLAdmin garbage. Or do a google search for MySQL-Front. MySQL-Front was a dead project for a while and I am unsure if anyone picked it up but it is the better of the two programs.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------