User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review A Developed Site - As There Is Always Room For Perfection

Hello,

I would request you review my other site which has been developed 3 years ago. The site has Good traffic but want to take it one step forward. Please review my site and let me know how can I improve it.

http://fmeextensions.com/

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, the site is pretty good.

I don't really like the menu. The mega menu under the "extensions" tab should not have a scroll bar at the bottom, and the submenu under "services" cuts off the last few letters of each category.

The pagination circles on the slider are also off-center.

As a core concept, it doesn't really make sense to have customers add "hours" to a shopping cart. It would be impossible to determine how many hours each project will take, and no one will want to feel like they are paying for time before they have even discussed the project. I think that this would confuse certain people to a point where they leave the site.

"Consultancy" is a word that is never used amongst people who speak English. You should change the name to "Magento Consultant" or something that could possible get more searches. Whatever you decide to do, you need to make sure that the Title Tag matches the title of the page.

I really like the contact form at the bottom of the page, but you could enhance it with styling.
    Levy's Fine Jewelry- buyers and sellers of modern, antique, and estate jewelry

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alabamaseo View Post
    Overall, the site is pretty good.

I don't really like the menu. The mega menu under the "extensions" tab should not have a scroll bar at the bottom, and the submenu under "services" cuts off the last few letters of each category.

The pagination circles on the slider are also off-center.

As a core concept, it doesn't really make sense to have customers add "hours" to a shopping cart. It would be impossible to determine how many hours each project will take, and no one will want to feel like they are paying for time before they have even discussed the project. I think that this would confuse certain people to a point where they leave the site.

"Consultancy" is a word that is never used amongst people who speak English. You should change the name to "Magento Consultant" or something that could possible get more searches. Whatever you decide to do, you need to make sure that the Title Tag matches the title of the page.

I really like the contact form at the bottom of the page, but you could enhance it with styling.
    Let me tell you how the hourly thing work. When we our customer pay for the installation fees and while during installation if we find any problem with website codes which is restricting our extension to work properly. We let them know about the problem and when they tell us to resolve that problem we tell them it will 1, or 2 hr work. Please purchase hours from website and we will get the job Done.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alastairbrian View Post
    Let me tell you how the hourly thing work. When we our customer pay for the installation fees and while during installation if we find any problem with website codes which is restricting our extension to work properly. We let them know about the problem and when they tell us to resolve that problem we tell them it will 1, or 2 hr work. Please purchase hours from website and we will get the job Done.
    This is not how I would do things, but I hope that works for you. I would be interested to see some statistics on the amount of users that become paying customers so we would have some legitimate evidence for comparing conversions.
    Levy's Fine Jewelry- buyers and sellers of modern, antique, and estate jewelry

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don't like the long menus either, but i understand you have a lot of offerings. how about sub categories, but not too many cause that is bad for seo. nobody like this when i say but you gotta try to combine all those css files (the semantic web is here to stay). the rest is very pro. cheers!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter lewis View Post
    i don't like the long menus either, but i understand you have a lot of offerings. how about sub categories, but not too many cause that is bad for seo. nobody like this when i say but you gotta try to combine all those css files (the semantic web is here to stay). the rest is very pro. cheers!
    Thank you! and yes sub categories are already there. Extension is main category then there is sub categories under it. Don't think so that I should further categories it as there are not more than 15 products in each sub category.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to update this? It's a pretty solid site. You have a lot of functions that newer sites have only begun to use; such as the grab and scroll navigation bar.

I would say there are two quick things to do:

First, some of your dropdowns have options that don't fit within the dropdown (I'm on Firefox 21.0). It surprised me to see that layout issue when the rest of the site is so dialed in. A quick and easy fix, that.

And, I'd go through your code a bit and see if there is more efficient ways to run your CSS (or images) to get more love from Google's site performance test.

If you were advertising base, I would have also recommended minimalizing your logo a bit (as your giving away prime ATF real estate), but your site wouldn't gain from it.

Overall, a really good site.

Cheers!
    Ryan
    Upcoming Movies - Movie News. Updated Daily.
    Movie Trailers - Awesome trailer site. Nuff said.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website is pretty good, but the first thing that confused me: your website is called Free Magento Extensions, but actually it's sells those extensions In any case, the site looks professional enough!