SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreamweaver MX PHP Web Development Book - code issues

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a place I can get ALL the chapter code for the examples in the Dreamweaver MX PHP Web Development book. After checking the publisher web site, I found the error section listing some corrected code and some files, but they did not have a full listing, just certain chapters from the book.

The problem is, I still believe the error page on their web site has some things not correct on some changes listed there. Also, they don't have all the source code for you to compare it to.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean "Dreamweaver MX: Advanced PHP Web Development"? If so browse glasshaus.com the publisher. Books says it's all there.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crag
    Do you mean "Dreamweaver MX: Advanced PHP Web Development"? If so browse glasshaus.com the publisher. Books says it's all there.
    Tried that already, their site doesn't contain the full code, only part of the chapters. I would like to see the whole thing so I can compare mine I did by hand with theirs. Also, it's not the "Advanced PHP" book but the first one. However, if you check their site you will see that even the "Advanced PHP" book doesn't contain all code.

Very bad considering they don't come with a CD option. When you try to follow along in the chapters, it would be nice to have the source code to compare yours to so you know you are doing it right like the book says.

I was hoping someone here may have the code or I thought one of the book's authors may visit this forum and help.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The authors are not hard to get a hold of. The best place to ask is in the Macromedia forums at forums.macromedia.com. They all hangout there. If you can not access the newsgroups let me know and I'll post your request.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crag:

If you could ask the question about the COMPLETE source code for this book go ahead. Give them my ID here or let me know and I'll send you my email so they can send the source code in a ".zip" file.

Thanks for helping, it's appreciated.

P.S. Also, if they know anything about the MySQL issues I'm having with it not accepting a password for user "root", maybe they know something about it. I don't know if it's just a Windows issue with the console or if my config file is wrong. NOTE: This relates to MySQL only, NOT the book. Everything in MySQL works fine, I just can't get it to accept a password no matter what I seem to try.