User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my Trading Card Value site

Hi all,

We just went live with our trading card value website www.kardsharq.com and are looking for some impartial insight from experts on what they like\don't like.

We are looking for opinions about the design, flow, colors, navigation and overall feel of the website. Please be as honest as you like, as your opinion will help in determine what changes may be incorporated in the future releases.

We appreciate any feedback you and the time you have or will take in reviewing

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of changes can be made.

1) A lot of space, above the fold is being waisted.
    2) A small Login link with a drop down containing the fields when someone clicks on this link.
    3) Move the search box above the fold.
    4) Use a different font for the headline.
    5) The logo is taking much more space then it should, on a typical website.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design looks quite clean and non active.
    I like the logo, it matches the domain name, but would be better to be a bit smaller.
    You could add on the search box a "predictive search"
    You should also point out a bit more the search box and make it a bit bigger.

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rlogan,

You have a very nice start here.

I agree with ankit, there is a ton of wasted space above the fold. Since you only have the one search function on the home page, you should bring it up above the fold. When I get there, one of the first things I see is a login signup form. If you have two goals for people coming to the home page (i.e. signing up and/or typing in card info, you should delineate them on the page. For example have the search on the left and the login/signup on the right. One heading could be “Search for Cards” and the other could be “create a free account”.

Your logo takes up way too much space and violates the basic web convention of being in the top right hand corner. I would make it smaller and move it up and out of the way of the main content.

Also, I don’t see any main site navigation. Not sure if that is by design or not.

Hope those tips help,

Shawn

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The logo itself is consuming too much height in the website... I guess you need to focus more on content part...

Regards,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the colours, one of my favourite colours is blue so this site does the job for me. The site design is clean and easy to use.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design looks a tad dated, i`d say it needs some more contrast there; lots of space are wasted, for the first page with what you have there you shouldn`t have scrolling, it`s not very user friendly. The logo is maybe too big, the headline's color should be different to pop... etc. You over-complicated a simple thing. Keep in mind people want simple, look at Google search page.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your site looks great! Although I agree the header shouldn't take up as much space, and a quick search bar in the header would be great. You could completely remove the search criteria, it doesn't really add value because the information is exactly what you'd expect. About the headings, I prefer the ones on your About and Contact pages, I think the ones on your index page look a little jarring.
    Good luck! Hope this was helpful.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main page load speed seems slow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design it solid itself but I would mention the abundance of free spaces. I like the color scheme, the logo, but the login box seems to be smaller.

SitePoint Evangelist bradical1379's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't seem to intuitive for users to actually get a price for their collectibles.

I entered a search and got back these results:

Source# Listed Hi Low Avg
    ebay 117 $6000.00 $0.25 $146.13

The average price doesn't tell me a lot about my item.

SitePoint Enthusiast Pamela Alina's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site is fine ... but you have 30 keywords in source. I find it's a bit too much and it seems that will not help Google indexing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and clear design but maybe a little too simple or i feel like it is missing something, i think i would improve the social medias buttons put some more, and add something at the buttom of the page.