SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating submit button

How do i create a custom submit button in Flash MX?

Any tutorials online?

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you want to submit and to where? You can drag an instance of the Push Button component from the Components panel. But you'll need to be a bit more specific.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What freddy says is the basics of what you want to do. Since submit buttons can perform one or more functions per click, you gotta have a plan on what needs to be done when the user clicks.

Also, by CUSTOM, do you mean that it looks a certain way you want? If so you'll need to duplicate the instances of it and then get into the GUI elements of Flash to alter its features. This is how people get the functionality of these builtin objects, but with a customized look that fits their project.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errrmmmmmmmmmm.. i want to change the colour and style off it. I tried the component submit button but that looks oddd as i have outlined boarded oneline text fields.

I want it for my PHP&mySQL login form which i created. But i want too change the look and style of it

Any ideas where i can learn how too do this? or do i just create a button using insert new symbol and add actionscript to tell it what too do?

please reply