User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Review New Media Buying Website

Hi all,

We're just in the process of launching our new media buying website Ziffit.com and are looking for some impartial, expert reviewers to say what they like and what they don't.

It is currently in the soft launch phase, so essentially want as many objective opinions about the design, colours, structure, navigation and operational elements of the site as we can. Be as honest as you like, as your opinions will help us to iron out issues and make changes before going public.

There are some elements on the site, such as Meta and a couple of bugs, that are in the process of being updated - but if you spot anything, we'd certainly appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for your time.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks good. The only thing that you might want to look into is the way that the sub navigation elements appear when you hover over tabs. Currently they jump back and forth depending on the location of the tab. It would be nice if they were all consistently placed.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback Jeremy, this is certainly something we have been looking at so it's useful to that you've picked up on this too. If there's anything else, just let me know.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like the site. Simply to use and i like the location of the barcode entry box is. My only question is there any significance to me click on the "Sell My Books" or any of the others? I entered the bar code for Super Mario Bros Wii game and it didn't show up in the results, so I then i tried to select "Sell My Games" thinking that maybe I have to select what I am selling first before entering my bar code.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick review:

1) The login text fields attract too much attention, instead make a small login link and the fields can appear as a drop down when clicked on it.
    2) The "how much is your stuff worth" looks interested, why not make it little larger?
    3) The textual content looks a little large, you can try a slightly smaller font.

Other then that, it looks great

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks great and good to me, the only thing i feel you may consider is to add a link to your FAQ at the top, because i looked for it before i saw it down. A newbie to the site will always consider his interest and will look for your FAQ

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site uses full black color.. Please go for professional colors... The banners needs to be more professional with good usage of fonts... for banners refer the website <snip> ...
    Last edited by TechnoBear; May 9, 2013 at 01:56. Reason: Irrelevant URL removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow, looks great man. Some people are negative on black background including myself but you nailed it. The good part is the arrangement is great including nice colors that contrast with the background. Keep it up bro!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site. I really like the layout and ease of navigation. My only negative thought's are that i don't like the black background and FAQ could be placed at the top as i would of thought there could be a few visitors looking for that on a site like this.

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; May 14, 2013 at 04:24. Reason: Please use a real signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inclined to agree a little with uxzeal, the solid black may be a little too much - however with the white and gold breaking it up, perhaps just needs softening. The stock images could probably do with being refreshed, as it does have a certain familiarity. As a phase 1 site, it has plenty of room to grow and improve though, so a very good start. Functionality is fine, navigation is good, content is informative - overall, just needs a little refining.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems to work like a charm, navigation works flawlesly, great job overall

aint a big fan of black backgrounds but in this case it seems to work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone for commenting. Glad the site appears to be working well, we are still looking at the design and possibly softening the black as well as updating the imagery. Really grateful for all the feedback, so if you do see anything you particularly like or don't like please just say.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, just a couple quick things I noticed:

1. Your login definitely captures the eye. While it is good for users to easily login, there has to be a better way to integrate that area into the page.
    2. I love minimalist logos, and you definitely have that. However, yours might be a bit too minimalist. I see you tried putting a small gradient on the white font, which is good, but it still looks lacking something. I wish I could give advice on a direction to go, but I'm struggling with the same issue on my minimalist logo. lol
    3. I like dark, but not black. Some monitors will even pixelate font and other objects that have too much contract (black/white). Making that black background go very, very, very dark grey could do wonders.

Cheers!
    Ryan
    Upcoming Movies - Movie News. Updated Daily.
    Movie Trailers - Awesome trailer site. Nuff said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the site, the logo stands out, i dunno about that gradient under the text content, looks a bit weird to me. And maybe the titles would look better red. Overall it`s great job!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziffit or Bwin? ;-) The webdesign seems to be a copy from bwin.com, isn't it? We can see in other hand that there's a lot of work behind this website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is fine and so attractive in your site ...Super designing .

SitePoint Enthusiast Pamela Alina's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website design is super OK and I like it very much.
    But I looked in page source and I saw too many java script ( internal). Why don't you try to use external file ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi stevelogan,
    i have been visiting your website.
    i am not an expert, but you can have a review from an user who could be a customer of your website.
    About the design it is good except the black background, for me it is really annoying and hard to read the text, i still hae the negative in my eyes by writting this review.
    Abut the concept, it is clever to use the barcode and i like the idea of charity and recycling, it is nice that people thinks about this too.
    Good continuation!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great idea! the site seems really interesting and a good concept. it's subjective but i personally don't like the black background and find it a bit harsh. the white text is too bright against the black.

maybe you could have a separate testimonials page to emphasise how functional your system is opposed to just having a bar that seems just like a side note on the other pages.

overall your content seems really good. short, sharp and shiny! good job guys.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site structure is good! However, I don't like to see dark background. by the way, you should pay attention to some other front in formatting. I think the front you are using is not impressive enough. besides, try to use more light color instead of dark color like that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should move Trustpilot seal to footer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site layout is great, but i'm not a fan of the black and gray tones. Everything els seems top notch.