Getting closer, but still needing some help?!

Okay, so maybe a month ago, I had this big "crisis" in that I had too many "Sections" to fit into my Navigation Tabs for each page.

After kicking things around over the last few weeks, I think I have come up with a pretty good "Information Architecture", however, I could use a little help and advice finishing it off so it is a winner!!

To fix things, first I decided that instead of trying to cram 15-20 topics into my Navigation Bar, I would just create maybe 4-5 broad "Categories".

They are...
Code:
- Finance
- Legal
- Management
- Operation
- Marketing

Then I kept all of the groups I originally had, and called them "Sub-Categories".

The trick to making things complete and yet flexible, was to create a grouping of Sub-Categories called "Dimensions"...

What this allows me to do is "mix-n-match" different concepts (e.g. Target Audience or Business Structure) under one larger topic (e.g. Legal).

-----
So here is where I could use some advice...

For purposes of a good End-User Experience, should I just have a "Category" and "Sub-Category" in the URL like this....

www.mysite.com/management/hybrid/how-to-balance-a-physical-and-online-business

Or would it be better to add in the concept of a "Dimension" in the URL like this...

www.mysite.com/management/business-structure/hybrid/how-to-balance-a-physical-and-online-business

Obviously the second example is clearer to the end-user, and probably helps them follow how the zillions of topics on my website are organized.

However, the downside is that the second approach would make my mod_rewrite a little trickier, and would definitely add more complexity - although not tons - to my PHP and MySQL that I use to *sanitize the URL* and *serve up the page*...

Off Topic:

I like my concept of "Dimension", because it allows me to avoid having a grossly complex, and NESTED, architecture playing out every combination, for example...

www.mysite.com/management/sole-proprietorship/hybrid/how-to-balance-a-physical-and-online-business
www.mysite.com/management/partnership/hybrid/how-to-balance-a-physical-and-online-business
www.mysite.com/management/s-corp/hybrid/how-to-balance-a-physical-and-online-business
www.mysite.com/management/llc/hybrid/how-to-balance-a-physical-and-online-business

So instead of trying to come up with every combination, I just list articles which relate to a "Dimension" and then I can always cross-reference the same article in another "Dimension" like this...

www.mysite.com/finance/accounting/taxes/why-you-should-hire-a-cpa

www.mysite.com/legal/type/tax-law/why-you-should-hire-a-cpa

www.mysite.com/legal/type/litigation/suing-to-protect-your-brand-name

Any thoughts on this??

Sincerely,

Debbie