User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops... Mobile WMD Factories... Or?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...abs/index.html

Whoops, no, they weren't for WMD. We don't know what they were for, but this is surely part of the Iraqi regime's "denial and deception" program.

Who's in denial?

J
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, the americans have got it now.

-rsdl

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy W.
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/...abs/index.html

Whoops, no, they weren't for WMD. We don't know what they were for, but this is surely part of the Iraqi regime's "denial and deception" program.

Who's in denial?

J
    Of course. I get it now. Doesn't everyone bury their mobile chemical labs? Just who is in denial is debatable. Would it? Could it? Might it be none other than Jeremy W.?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, these are the same labs depicted in Powell's speech, are they not? They certainly aren't for WMD production, in fact they aren't much different than the air detection lab driving past my office right now checking for SARS.

J

Alt+F4= User Control ;-) rabmurdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    It's like a Scooby-Doo mystery," he said. "It's a puzzle. But we don't expect to find a smoking gun."

Thats how serious they are taking it, a cartoon mystery.

"If something is too hard,give it up. The moral my boy is too never try anything"
    "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot first, ask questions later
    Mike
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of like in Mosul?

J

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re Mosul: "We were engaged by two roof-top locations. We were fired upon and took well aimed fire"

Hmm... that crowd wasn't on a roof
    Mike

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far, over 200 Iraqis have died in various non-military conflicts with US troops since the "major conflict was over". This brings the civilian death toll to more than 3500

Yeah, life is so much better without Saddam

I'm sure it will become so, if the US can use wisdom instead of forcefulness, but so far much of what the US is doing seems to be geared towards their agenda (instilling Kurdish leaders in Shia towns for instance).

I hope they learn that Iraq isn't Manhattan.

J

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god! We are three weeks into the war and no WMD yet! You were obviously right Jeremy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're 3 weeks into the war and we've had 7 declarations of finds of WMD, and every one of Powell's statements during his speech to the UN have been blown apart.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to be kidding me? Seriously. The media were the ones that reported all of this saying that it was the latest find, not the Bush administration. Nothing has been blown apart yet. I know you are anxious to declare yourself right but slow down a bit. You are making yourself look stupid and you are better than that.

We're 3 weeks into the war and we've had 7 declarations of finds of WMD, and every one of Powell's statements during his speech to the UN have been blown apart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powell declared the mobile factories. Powell showed satellite pictures of WMD factories. All of those claims have been proven false.

All I'm saying is that those mobile factories obviously weren't quite as WMD-oriented as the media, and gov't would have had us believe.

For me it doesn't come down to disbelief in the media, it comes down to the inherent inaccuracy of intelligence information. This administration seems to rely heavily on 100% certainty behind intelligence claims.

Previous ones didn't so much. So, what we get are loads of affirmative statements based on halfway verifiable facts which, half the time, turn out false.

This isn't about my attitude about "America", as you and allie would love to believe, it was merely started as a report that those mobile factories that everyone said would eventually be found have been found, and have been proven to be harmless.

That said, though, there could be more. Personally, I hope there aren't any WMD in Iraq, becuase that means that none can be lost during the administrative shuffles that are to come. If nukes were lost in Russia, how much more possible would it be in Iraq?

J

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powell declared the mobile factories. Powell showed satellite pictures of WMD factories. All of those claims have been proven false.

All I'm saying is that those mobile factories obviously weren't quite as WMD-oriented as the media, and gov't would have had us believe.
    Where did Powell say that these trucks found were the ones he was talking about?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate, but both you and allie came out of the gates running and foaming at the mouth.

If your best defence is "well, maybe these aren't them", well, I'll leave it at that.

J

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best defense? I am asking a question. You are the one that jumped at the chance to say that Powell was wrong even though you have no proof that this is even what he was talking about. The article that you linked to says the 101st found them and not that they were pointed towards them. This also isn't the first discovery of something like this. At the base where Rick Leventhal was stationed they found trucks that had compartments hidden with "test tubes" behind them.

I'll ask again, what proof do you have that this discovery was what Powell was talking about? I'm not saying you are wrong nor am I saying you are right. I want you to back up your claim and it seems from your latest post that you can't do that.

Sorry mate, but both you and allie came out of the gates running and foaming at the mouth.

If your best defence is "well, maybe these aren't them", well, I'll leave it at that.

J

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Sorry mate, but both you and allie came out of the gates running and foaming at the mouth.

J
    Sorry. Looked. No foaming at the mouth. Have you checked too?

Jeremy. Do learn to recognize sarcasm when it hits you in the face.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody
    Oh my god! We are three weeks into the war and no WMD yet! You were obviously right Jeremy.
    yesterday cnn was showing pol results that 55% percent of US citizens now agree that war is justified even no WMDs are found and the figure was 28% beofre the war had started ... funny
    Moral of the Story: You want to keep us from attacking you, you'd better have a credible deterrent. - Noam Chomsky
    Where are chemical/biological/WMDS ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    allie, sarcasm? Sorry, everything I say is greeted by at least 3 regular posters with disdain and sarcasm. That isn't something I enjoy, so I'll likely be leaving PRWE again for a while. Have fun.

J

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allie
    Sorry. Looked. No foaming at the mouth. Have you checked too?

Jeremy. Do learn to recognize sarcasm when it hits you in the face.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm
    Mike

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Jeremy. I get the same thing, if not more, everytime I say my views. People are going to disagree with you and many times they aren't going to congradulate you on a wonderful post. If you aren't prepared to back up what you post than don't post it at all.

allie, sarcasm? Sorry, everything I say is greeted by at least 3 regular posters with disdain and sarcasm. That isn't something I enjoy, so I'll likely be leaving PRWE again for a while. Have fun.

J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by his
    yesterday cnn was showing pol results that 55% percent of US citizens now agree that war is justified even no WMDs are found and the figure was 28% beofre the war had started ... funny
    No offense his, but let me remind you that 55% is a small majority taking the poll. That is a misleading representation of the entire US population.

Sorry, everything I say is greeted by at least 3 regular posters with disdain and sarcasm. That isn't something I enjoy, so I'll likely be leaving PRWE again for a while. Have fun.
    Not true. I'm assuming one of those three posters are me. I think alot of people, including me, misinterpret comments but I don't think less of you for something I misinterpret nor do I hold any kind of judgement against you for your opinion. Thats just silly.

I'll make a wager you won't be gone for more than a day.
    Former Design Your Site Team Leader

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by URAlly
    No offense his, but let me remind you that 55% is a small majority taking the poll. That is a misleading representation of the entire US population.
    what i actually wanted to emphasise was the increase in the number of people happy with the war .... whereas i was expecting this figure to fall very steeply as after about a month the basic justification seems to fail
    Moral of the Story: You want to keep us from attacking you, you'd better have a credible deterrent. - Noam Chomsky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by his
    what i actually wanted to emphasise was the increase in the number of people happy with the war .... whereas i was expecting this figure to fall very steeply as after about a month the basic justification seems to fail
    Okay. I just saw the "55%" of US citizens" statement, whereas it's really 55% of CNN pollers, which could present anyone since the site is viewed by many outside of the US. Sorry.
    Former Design Your Site Team Leader

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by URAlly
    Sorry. [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
    you dont need to say sorry