SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post anyway to check printer action and operation?

Any way to show "printed success" message in website after printing completed in printing machine? I need to implement this function in my client website using either .Net, jquery, java script.

CONDITION: The data displayed in grid with "print" option when user click the "print" the default browser print dialog box appear. The message should be displayed only when printing completed in printing machine.

My doubt: Is any way to check printer action and operation using either .net,jquery,java script like we checking mouse and keyboard events ?

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the SP forums. I've moved your question to the javascript forum. Let's see if someone can answer it.

Gre aus'm Pott gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by rajthilak24 View Post
    Any way to show "printed success" message in website after printing completed in printing machine?
    Is any way to check printer action and operation using either .net,jquery,java script like we checking mouse and keyboard events ?
    I know nothing of .net, but using JavaScript the closest you are going to get is using the onafterprint event handler.
    This will fire immediately after the page to be printed out has been loaded into printer queue/cache, so you will have no indication if the page has been printed properly, or if the user aborted the print job.
    To make matters worse, it is only supported in IE and FireFox.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/...w.onafterprint
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(v=vs.85).aspx

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

BTW if you want to ask in the .net forum, here's the link.