User Tag List

Hybrid View

is craving 'the potato' slayerment's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BetcoinSports.com - Bitcoin Sports Betting

I have just completed the final touches on Betcoin Sports and would be interested on getting some feedback.

The website is a bitcoin sports betting site, where you bet on sports using bitcoins.

The URL is: http://www.bitcoinsports.com

I would be interested in:

1. What do you think about the overall brand / feel of the site? Does it look legit?
    2. What do you think of the content / direction? Does the site make sense? Do you understand how it works?
    3. Anything else that comes to mind that the site doesn't immediately address.

Thanks much!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!
    The design is great and the site looks pretty well developed. However, I would try to reformat/recolor those buttons as they seem bootstrap-esque since they kind of stand out of your color scheme. (red/black/white if not wrong) Nothing wrong with it except it might degrade authenticity among web devs/graphic designers.

Very standard flow, that's always a plus because people will know where to look.

Considering bitcoin is relatively new (about a two years) quite a few people don't know about it and I suggest making the home page a blown-up "why use bitcoin/advantages with this site" demo page sort of like this

BTW: You might want to fix your second link as it says bitcoin instead of betcoin. ;D
    Last edited by bnynn; Apr 28, 2013 at 23:01. Reason: grammar
    If you have the time, check out my website: nightstuffs.com
    I LOVE THE INTERNET, ALL OF YOU!!!! :3

SitePoint Enthusiast seohuntanalytics's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, design looks quite professional, has info about bitcoins (very important moment 'cause a lot of people don't even know what are these things :-) ), easy to use and navigate. The only question is - why bitcoins? As far as I know, they are loosing their original popularity and today not so many people use them.
    Precise website statistics and analytics use SEO Hunter.
    Visit AWcheck to use our set of tools and get the most comprehensive web analysis!

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seohuntanalytics View Post
    Well, design looks quite professional, has info about bitcoins (very important moment 'cause a lot of people don't even know what are these things :-) ), easy to use and navigate. The only question is - why bitcoins? As far as I know, they are loosing their original popularity and today not so many people use them.
    Especially if the OP lives in the US, Bitcoins would definitely be the desired currency for online gaming.

Bitcoins will not die out. Unlike most fiat currencies, they are valuable for a reason (anonymity). In my opinion, the biggest threat to the future value of Bitcoins is the US gov't trying to monitor the system by claiming that it is used for illegal activities. Until that happens, I would trust the future of Bitcoins more than a US Dollar or Euro.
    Levy's Fine Jewelry- buyers and sellers of modern, antique, and estate jewelry

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello.
    The site overall does have a good professional look.
    I have never online gambled so I am not familiar with bitcoins, so I went to the "how it works" link which I like that you have it displayed so clearly in the nav bar, but the content on the "how it works" page is a bit much. Its like reading the terms pamphlet of a credit card. You broke down the idea of "why bitcoins" and that was good. I would suggest doing that for how does it work and getting started. Just list steps about the topics, not paragraphs. It was too much to read, and I would not buy just because I cannot understand everything quickly enough. It also doesn't help that all of that content is grey words on grey background..

Other than that it all looked good

Good luck with your website!

Toni

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, your site is down.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also suggest removing the contact form from the sidebar of every page. I think it is an unnecessary distraction for your users. A styled button leading to the contact page would be a better option if you want them to be able to contact you.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks really good. I love the logo and the favicon.

The only thing that really jumped out at me that could be better is to add another slider image on the homepage. I have never been a fan of websites with only 2 slider images. As a general rule, I always use at least.

In terms of the content, you use the phrase "soccer/football" betting repeatedly on soccer/football betting page. This comes off as a unique word to Google, and therefore, it will hinder your chances to rank for "soccer betting" or "football betting". I think you would be better off creating two pages like "Soccer Betting" and "Football (UK) Betting" or something similar depending on which keywords it would make the most sense to target.

You should also create individual pages for each for of betting for racing ("formula one betting", "nascar betting", etc); same with fighting.

Also, while we are on the topic of content, each page is mainly images. Google will not be very likely to promote a site without much content (especially in a niche as competitive as online gaming). You should aim for each page to have at least 400-600 words of content if you want to stand a legitimate chance of ranking organically.

I will offer more SEO advice if I can get a credit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the overall layout of the site. Also the loading time is good. I agree with the suggested idea regarding the contact form on the sidebar. You could just use Jquery lightbox for the contact form as well.

Regadrs,

Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP, are you the owner of this site? Top 5 and Top 10 betting should be added in the golf section for the European Tour. It already exists on the site for the PGA Tour and would be awesome to also have it available for the EU Tour.

Used the contact info on the website to address this but never got any response.