Thread: DHTML problem

Hybrid View

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

If you look at the site I'm building here: http://www.actorcafe.com/us/template.htm

You'll find that the drop down works fine in
    IE but doesn't in NS. While it still 'drops down' the colours are all screwy and the font size is large. I want it to look the same (-ish) in both IE and NS. I'm guessing it is because I have modified the font sizes and drop down colours, and wonder if the way I've stated the size is wrong for Netscape.

Does anyone know how I can fix it....?

Please!

Peter
    Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Peter,

I don't have Netscape on this machine, so I'm not able to check the differences. However....

When you modified the script, what exactly did you change? Only the values? Or did you modify the code itself (setSize, etc). What kind of machine are you viewing this on? PC or Mac?

When I get on my other machine, I'll look at it with Netscape, but the above would help isolate the problem.

Vinny
    Where the World Once Stood
    the blades of grass
    cut me still

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I could find wrong/complexing in your code for Netscape is that your link color of 000099, doesn't seem to be a safe webcolor, in fact I can't find it in my refrences of colors for the web to be defined or used.

Since the colors in the IE version seem to be white, then I would suggest setting your link and text color in your body tag as white or not defining them at all in the bady tag at all, and when you populate your template with text use a CSS class for your color selections and suround the text in between a <div></div> or <p></p> collection with the class refrence to your defined style class.

If you would like to see an example just ask, I will create one for you.