Thread: Redirection

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redirection

Im having my files in a server say "www.loveasp.com/aspfiles"

I have set this URL as redirector in my other domain say "www.newdomain.com"

when i hit "www.newdomain.com" in the browser, It gets redirected, but show the full path as "www.loveasp.com/aspfiles" in the address bar.

Is there any javascript to stop showing the redirecting domain name.

and also the to show only the domain name in the browser and status bar and hide the URL.

Thanks
    LOVEASP

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy blufive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a redirect, no, there's no way to hide the redirected domain. The only route I can see for that is to host a simple frameset on www.newdomain.com, and then include the target page in the frame.

Similarly, if the URL is visible at all, it's not possible to hide parts of it in the address bar.

You *can* hide some things in the status bar, e.g. <a href="..." onmouseover="window.status=' '; return true;">, but Mozilla/NN7 (and possibly other browsers) have options to block that sort of thing, and it won't work in any browser if the user turns javascript off.

However, you should be aware that tricks like this will compromise the usability of your site, and drive users nuts.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually i have a webspace for which i want to set three domain names for each folder in the FTP.

say for www.newdomains.com i set the folder /newdomain

and another folder called /newsite to a domain www.newsite.com

How can i do this