SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks very attractive. A great combination of images and graphics layouts.
    I liked the way you've placed the icons and links on the page to navigate the site in easier way.
    Also, the bottom links are also there to make a user comfortable for navigation the site.
    But I am feeling the site is opening a bit slower.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Neso1974 View Post
    Hi, we've just launched a new online magazine / store for men.
    http://www.baxtton.com
    http://www.baxtton.com/store

I will like to have feedback (good or bad), most specifically on :

a. What do you think about the design ?
    b. Do you like the content ?
    c. As we are an online store and we try to drive customers to store from the mag, is it clear which product are available in store ?
    d. other

Any recommendation ?

Thanks
    Well, The design is good, navigation is nice, white background color makes it professional. Only one thing that I found not soothing to eyes are unequal thumb images. It could be little symmetric.
    Last edited by Stevie D; May 29, 2013 at 06:11. Reason: Fake signature deleted

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback
    Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by anujgarg View Post
    Your site looks very attractive. A great combination of images and graphics layouts.
    I liked the way you've placed the icons and links on the page to navigate the site in easier way.
    Also, the bottom links are also there to make a user comfortable for navigation the site.
    But I am feeling the site is opening a bit slower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the general layout looks good:

a. What do you think about the design ? - very solid and professional
    b. Do you like the content ? - yes, but the price label is too small for me, i would make it bigger and with different color or style
    c. As we are an online store and we try to drive customers to store from the mag, is it clear which product are available in store ? - right now you have slide, I would list those products to make them more visible to eyes.
    d. other - Good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a. I like the overall look of the website, it's pretty easy to navigate
    b. Yes, the site has quality content
    c. Yes, its clear which products are available in store, also you have displayed featured products every effectively.
    d. I feel there should be some call to action banners on the website

http://macdesignin.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really loved the design of the site infact you have selected right background color which is very simple and sober. Specially the home page. The info given for the products are simple and to the point

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say you did well on the design. Clean spaces and organized images and text in a way that is easy for navigation. I think you should "darken" the description text under the product titles a little bit, as well as increasing the fonts a bit.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the image of the site, content looks very good and very very clear, items stand out well and very crisp. Only thing I will say is the website takes rather longer then normal but this could just be the amount of content on the home page but all in all a good site and hope it works out for you

Thanks

Jay

SitePoint Enthusiast Pamela Alina's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is OK, i like that black and white combination becouse my attention is always on the products.
    BUT, why dont you put the "Shop" button to the header menu ? I must to search for it with Ctrl and F

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't looked at any of the above comments so apologies if I have replicated any comments.

Overall a solid design, I really like it.

Now to feedback:
    The irregular spacing in the articles section catches my eye in the wrong way, sticking closer to a grid look in this area would help with content flow and readability.
    The footer nav doesn't seem to align correctly on mobile, seems to sit too far to the left...only immediately obvious because the logo section below it is centred.
    The nav links at the top don't seem big enough for touch devices, could possibly be a little fiddly to press.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    excellent piece of work , i like the front page , and also the slide show , just watch out about the slide show some slide show requires JAVA-SCRIPT so make sure there's no JAVA-SCRIPT conflict and what i really like its the bottom infos , you did include everything in the bottom which it makes it more professional

Best Regard

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarekitsme View Post
    excellent piece of work , i like the front page , and also the slide show , just watch out about the slide show some slide show requires JAVA-SCRIPT so make sure there's no JAVA-SCRIPT conflict and what i really like its the bottom infos , you did include everything in the bottom which it makes it more professional

Best Regard
    Thanks for the great comments

Cheers,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found your website very pretty

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Neso,
    I really like the design of your website, modern and class, it goes well with the products you are selling, maybe i would just put some more colors in the logo and in the social media buttons because lots of dark but it is personnal taste.
    Also would add more products but i know it is easy to say and it take time to find them and add them to the website.
    Good continuation!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c. As we are an online store and we try to drive customers to store from the mag, is it clear which product are available in store ?
    d. other

my first post!
    a. i think the design is fantastic. very clean and sleek.
    b. the content is quite good but it might help you to look at content curation and have more lifestyle oriented pieces opposed to product oriented articles to build that readership
    c. yes it is clear that products are available

some handy categories could be 'on the run', 'bits and pieces' (ie under $59 or a certain price point) which may encourage people to purchase multiple small items or encourage the first purchase. i know i'm much more inclined to purchase something small from an online business i have yet to deal with opposed to a large purchase.

Any recommendation ?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thnaks

Quote Originally Posted by vivmillion View Post
    d. other

my first post!
    a. i think the design is fantastic. very clean and sleek.
    b. the content is quite good but it might help you to look at content curation and have more lifestyle oriented pieces opposed to product oriented articles to build that readership
    c. yes it is clear that products are available

some handy categories could be 'on the run', 'bits and pieces' (ie under $59 or a certain price point) which may encourage people to purchase multiple small items or encourage the first purchase. i know i'm much more inclined to purchase something small from an online business i have yet to deal with opposed to a large purchase.

Any recommendation ?

Thanks
    [/QUOTE]

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciated

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really nice looking site. 1st thought is that its a theme i have seen before but nothing wrong with that at all as the content stands out and is well presented. id like to see a tagline with the logo....quick to see exactly what you do and are offering...i see cool stuff when i get to the page but not instantly knowing what its all about

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool design, I'm always a fan of nice styled themes with white background.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by highone View Post
    Very cool design, I'm always a fan of nice styled themes with white background.
    Thanks for the great comments ;-)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't use the website, just looked at the design because it is what most people sees at first and you did some great job

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice design, there is content, you should avoid ads display else everything is fine

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfrank101 View Post
    Nice design, there is content, you should avoid ads display else everything is fine
    Thanks for your feedback

SitePoint Enthusiast ReferralCandy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Neso,

I am very impressed by your site & store! Love the white contemporary design & amazing product photos, which gives the professional feel that fits well for a men's magazine / storefront. It certainly gives me the confidence that I'm buying quality men products from your site.

If there's one thing that I can point out, I'm a bit confused when reading your articles. I'm not sure if you are actually selling the products, or just reviewing them. As vivmillion mentioned, it will help if you publish more lifestyle-oriented articles. The product-oriented articles should have a tagline, instead of just the product name itself, or visitors might be misled to think that you are actually selling the product.

From the homepage, it took me a while to realise that the products featured above are those that you are actually selling, and those further down the page are reviews. You might want to combine both of them together, but ensuring that articles featuring your products are properly labelled (e.g. "[New arrival] ... "). I particularly like how you have the call to action after these articles that prompt visitors to buy from your store, and should be kept that way.

Design-wise, there's not much that I strongly feel is improper, except the whitespace below the slider can be better utilised. You probably won't need the number of views beneath your article snippets too.

Otherwise, your site & store is really a fantastic job. Keep on going and the site may become the next MrPorter.com!

- Aaron

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with Ajay, all looks good. Just need to tweak the thumbnail a bit.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loaded ok and first impression was positive - clean lines, nice looking banner/slideshow and vibrant pictures. Not sure I like long scrolling home pages but that is my personal preference. I'd provide another shop link in a fairly obvious and larger more prominent place than the small red word 'shop' in the darkened header right at the top - I was looking for it because you asked us to but I'd have struggled to find it if I was a casual browser. I'd also be tempted to have less options in the navigation bar - 8 is too many for me.