User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need feedback on my new online magazine / store

Hi, we've just launched a new online magazine / store for men.
    http://www.baxtton.com
    http://www.baxtton.com/store

I will like to have feedback (good or bad), most specifically on :

a. What do you think about the design ?
    b. Do you like the content ?
    c. As we are an online store and we try to drive customers to store from the mag, is it clear which product are available in store ?
    d. other

Any recommendation ?

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like how the featured and most popular products are set up. I've been looking into doing a store myself sometime, my father in law runs a few zen-carts, and I've created some stores for joomla. This was the first drupal store i've seen and it's sweet.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Houts Graphics View Post
    I really like how the featured and most popular products are set up. I've been looking into doing a store myself sometime, my father in law runs a few zen-carts, and I've created some stores for joomla. This was the first drupal store i've seen and it's sweet.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i love the style, very unique!
    The only thing you must change is to increase the font size of the sub-categories from the main menu, it is kind of hard to read on my screen (17-inch)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    quick impression from the home page - it looks more like a blog than a store. The design is good. Pretty interesting products and good quality pictures.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is cool my only complaint is I do not like the magic line navigation combined with the drop down navigation. The magic line is too far from the links in the nav on http://www.baxtton.com/store/en. Search is funky on Google chrome and drops down beneath the divider underneath the divider on click. http://www.baxtton.com/ could use some form sprucing - bigger, more styled forms.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the site, it`s presence is very strong , the logo also, and i`ve always liked sites/stores that complement the product images in a way they stand out. Great job with this one!

is craving 'the potato' slayerment's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a. Design is great. No issues here, looks like a big, legit brand.
    b. I like the content, I see that it is unique and interesting to read. The articles I browsed by read well and were interesting and I like the use of plenty of images.
    c. I think it's clear that you're a store as you have a link at the top of every page in red, a promo on the homepage and a promo on the sidebar of every article. It's pretty clear to me. What isn't clear are the advantages to purchasing with you or why somebody would. Are you trying to convert casual people who come across your site from search engines into customers? If this is the case I think you may face a bit of a challenge.
    d. The design is very modern and nice, I really like it. I think all you really need to do is focus hard on branding it and getting your name out there. The site aspect is good, now you just need to market hard and increase your traffic. Hope it goes well for you

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    superb design man, keep rocking.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @slayerment

Thanks for the great feedback.

You just confirm what I think so we'll work on the brand and be clear about the advantage to buy from us.

Thanks again

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only concern is that not knowing baxtton as a brand, I have no idea what you sell and my first impression was that you were a blog and not an online shop. Perhaps be more obvious ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the look of the site, the imagery is eye-catching and clear. My only suggestion would be to have some form of slogan or message at the top of the page to suggest that it is in fact a store attached. There is no clear indication on the home page of what you can buy, with more focus on the lifestyle element and news - which is fine. To avoid any confusion, some concise copy might do the trick.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like this design. Like the products that are offer and how they are presented. I would like to see customer reviews of the products if possible. Maybe even present the product with the highest review ratings. The overall design gave off the right kind of image...sophisticated, clean, high-end...well done

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlike the home page, the store page is loading a bit slow. Due to the header image. But that is not a real problem.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. There is too much white on the store and no limits on the content.
    2. You should have linked the store to the main site, it is only linked from the main site to the store.
    3. The most viewed column in the content is a bit to tight.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by imediazone View Post
    1. There is too much white on the store and no limits on the content.
    2. You should have linked the store to the main site, it is only linked from the main site to the store.
    3. The most viewed column in the content is a bit to tight.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The overall color combination of website is good...
    1.) The logo header is blank accept with logo image...
    2.) The black partition line is too thick
    3.) You can use Tabs for "Most Recent | Most Viewed" links just to have proper distinguish..

Cheers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Good feedback thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uxzeal View Post
    Hi,

The overall color combination of website is good...
    1.) The logo header is blank accept with logo image...
    2.) The black partition line is too thick
    3.) You can use Tabs for "Most Recent | Most Viewed" links just to have proper distinguish..

Cheers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like the site, and i really love your logo too, very nice font. The design is very easy to navigate to and from and it's evident what the store is selling. A very nice clean layout.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback
    Really appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Siick26 View Post
    Really like the site, and i really love your logo too, very nice font. The design is very easy to navigate to and from and it's evident what the store is selling. A very nice clean layout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your website. Yiu have to update your site on regular basis.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most welcome :-)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

Thanks for the feedback, we post new content everyday.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by googma View Post
    I like your website. Yiu have to update your site on regular basis.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got a style on this site that is definitely new and updated to current standards. I just found a couple minor issues:

1. On Firefox the rollover social buttons on top -- love social buttons on top, btw -- do the double-flicker the first time I rolled over them. You could have all rollover options on a single jpeg sheet, and just do background adjustments on rollover. This would ensure no flicker no matter what browser and what caching setting.
    2. I typically would not have used the font you did for the menu options like "Men's Style" as I fear it does get harder to read on smaller displays, but it definitely seems to fit in with the look you are going for. I thought I'd be more taken aback by the fact that you use a different font in the dropdown below the menu option, but it actually looks pretty good. And, in this example, I can actually read the smaller font in the dropdown better than the larger menu font (due entirely to the font-family choice).
    3. Your layout of items/articles I'm not exactly a fan of. Everything works, except for the fact that the bottom of each article area ends at a different spot. Would be cool if you could figure out a way to do standardized sizing. Like have every box be the same size, instead of a bunch of different sizes thrown together. Would be a better user experience to have those uniform.

Cheers!
    Ryan
    Upcoming Movies - Movie News. Updated Daily.
    Movie Trailers - Awesome trailer site. Nuff said.

SitePoint Evangelist bradical1379's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a. Very attractive design and great use of white space and negative space to layout the page.
    b. Content needs to proofed a little more and you should decide to follow a certain style format for your content (AP-style).
    c. I think you need to make the call-to-action for the add the item to the cart a little more stand-out-ish.
    d. Great overall execution.