SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    SitePoint Addict WebMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Drupal not loading stylesheets

    Before you ask ... I have looked everywhere for a solution, even drupal.org but nothing so far seems to work.

    Here's the problem:

    I developed a Drupal site (custom child theme for Zen) and on the development server everything looks fine in all browsers.

    I did a test migration to another server before the launch. This move went well and everything looks fine in all browsers.

    Then I moved the site to its live server where everything looks fine in all browsers except Internet Explorer which is not loading the stylesheets.

    I know Drupal is known for generating many stylesheets and Internet Explorer will not load them if there are more than 31 (I believe) of them, but I did set the "Aggregate and compress CSS files" feature and clear the cache. This did not seem to help.

    I still have some work to do (the site loads slowly) so I apologise for that. The official launch of the site is only a week away and I really need an answer to this dilemma.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    SitePoint Addict WebMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could the answer be in one of the two following things?

    1. The development site and backup site are both with one hosting provider. The live site is with a different hosting provider.
    2. The development site and backup site are in subfolders of two different portfolio sites ... ie www.portfoliosite.com/Newsite.
    The live site is a subdomain of the parent site ... ie www.newsite.parentsite.com.

    I have run out of ideas so if anyone has a possible solution or direction to look, please let me know. Thanks

  3. #3
    SitePoint Addict WebMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved, but FYI for other developers with the same problem, I finally came across a thread in a forum where the poster found that the "Aggregate and compress CSS files" caused his problem. So I turned that feature off, and the site is now fine in Internet Explorer.

    Hopefully all those stylesheets in Zen and the core don't slow my site down too much now.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •