User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bnynn View Post
    Oh! Yes, we should get some links to those! And many thanks for the SEO tips! We never even knew about the link and img thing, wow! We're definitely making some changes, thanks again!
    Every image should have alt text, but links do not necessarily require titles. There's a brief thread here which might help with that, and a good introduction to alt text here: http://webaim.org/techniques/alttext/ .

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks great, I love the colors. It would be nice to have some type of archive though other than just the topics menu. The other thing would be to address the sites layout on mobile devices. When the screen shrinks it doesn't collapse very gracefully which will annoy anyone using a phone sized device.

Other than that though great design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, this website seems to be not finished. The logo is very simple and the webdesign is poor. I think that is coud be upgrade with some element like a new logo and a new background.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's oriented completely upon blogging and articles if I'm not wrong.. as i've just take a quick look there ..however good efforts.. at least to make a start...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    Every image should have alt text, but links do not necessarily require titles. There's a brief thread here which might help with that, and a good introduction to alt text here: http://webaim.org/techniques/alttext/ .
    I love this forum! So very responsive. Yeah we need to reorganize quite a bit of things to get these changes made, thanks for your time!!
    If you have the time, check out my website: nightstuffs.com
    I LOVE THE INTERNET, ALL OF YOU!!!! :3

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyC View Post
    The site looks great, I love the colors. It would be nice to have some type of archive though other than just the topics menu. The other thing would be to address the sites layout on mobile devices. When the screen shrinks it doesn't collapse very gracefully which will annoy anyone using a phone sized device.

Other than that though great design
    Thanks for the feedback! You're completely right, we need to consider mobile as that is a growing market. We actually do have an archive, a link to it is at the very bottom, however the fact that you are not noticing it indicates that we have a visibility problem! We'll probably put that somewhere else.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ADvanceref View Post
    In my opinion, this website seems to be not finished. The logo is very simple and the webdesign is poor. I think that is coud be upgrade with some element like a new logo and a new background.
    Yes, unfortunately you're correct. From my personal perspective, it didn't quite hit the nail on what we were going for- which was the modern flat design that is so very popular these days. We're going to probably do a site-wide redesign considering yours and quite a few other people's replies on this thread. Could you elaborate on "the web design is poor?" Like maybe a few tips if it doesn't take too much of your time? That would be great! Thanks for the feedback!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the blog so far. If this is going to be a personal blog site that is not focused towards you getting future work then i would not change much. If i had a choice to change a few things i would change the upper navigation bar. It looks as if the navigation bar is floating in space, which for most sites would not even matter, but i feel if you are going to design it with the intentions for a 3D feel then i would design it more practical with it attached to some kind of surface, or maybe another object between the edge, and base layers to give it a wrap around affect.

Another thing you could do to fill the empty space on the right side is maybe add a Blog Archive navigation panel where visitors can view your past blogs in date format with "titles". Besides that, Great work!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved everything ! Colors and layout and the fonts !

Just one thing. I hate to see that ugly url /Home.php on your homepage.