User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem importing avi file into MX

Hi, IŽve been trying to import avi files that are made myself with Cantasia, software for capturing screen shots, into Flash MX.

But sometimes it imports fine, though it doesnŽt show on the preview window on "Import Video Settings" and other times it doesnŽt import at all and it shows a blank screen at the preview.

IŽve been trying to figure out what makes the diference between these files, but couldnŽt find none that would justify this mess.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Is there an specific configuration for an .avi file to be imported by flash?

Thanks

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar problem with some QuickTime movies that wouldn't preview. I found it was the CODEC. The ones that wouldn't import were using Sorenson Video 3 Compressor and if I converted them to Sorenson Video(TM) Compressor (I believe a slightly older CODEC) they were fine. CODEC would be my bet. I use Cleaner 5 to convert movies to a different CODEC if I'm having trouble. Alternatively Sound Forge will also open and save AVIs and let you change the video CODEC. Links as follows:

http://www.discreet.com/cleanerxl/ (5 is now out of date)
    http://www.sonicfoundry.com/products...ct.asp?PID=668 (again, I'm on 4.5 and this is 6 -- I think 4.5/5 are bundled with a lot of hardware these days and there will be copies lying around, if you follow... )

Alternatively, if you can't do it yourself and they're not too big then I don't mind running them through Cleaner for you and outputting them in a QuickTime format that I know works.

G

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Greg, IŽll check out these codecs.