SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Exclamation Pinterest -- Can anyone break it down?

    Keep reading general posts about working on Pinterest - can anyone break it down please?
    Thank you .
    Last edited by Shyflower; Apr 18, 2013 at 09:12. Reason: Moved from web content

  2. #2
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why you want to break it down? O.o

  3. #3
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrisMonde View Post
    Why you want to break it down? O.o
    Sorry for confusion - my response was moved here from another thread by the moderator

    The thing is that I am not very well familiar with Pinterest and would appreciate if people can share their experience on using this social media platform to promote or market their websites.

  4. #4
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinterest is a great way to market your business. We get great traffic from it. It is the image sharing platform. We can share many pictures of our business by making different boards. The most favourable audience on pinterest are women. Its easy to follow people on it and can make them follow us back. Here we can share a lot about our business and can easily promote it. But the thing is you need to be regular in this.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by felixthomas View Post
    Pinterest is a great way to market your business. We get great traffic from it. It is the image sharing platform. We can share many pictures of our business by making different boards. The most favourable audience on pinterest are women. Its easy to follow people on it and can make them follow us back. Here we can share a lot about our business and can easily promote it. But the thing is you need to be regular in this.
    Thank you for your answer

    So Pinterest is pretty much the tool if you are running bakery shop, interior design agency, wedding salon, etc?

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NewYork
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneK View Post
    Thank you for your answer

    So Pinterest is pretty much the tool if you are running bakery shop, interior design agency, wedding salon, etc?
    Exactly as these type of businesses have a lot of fresh and interesting stuff to share in visual form.

  7. #7
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,054
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Although I don't use Pinterest, from what I have seen at other sites, you can also create a Pinterest page and a following by pinning those things that interest you. Many websites have Pinterest sharing icons.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  8. #8
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    You can probably find the answers to those questions at the Pinterest site FAQs and TOS.
    Hi, I've made an account on Pinterest, and yes - it allows all kinds of interactions between the users.

    Overall, Pinterest reminds me Tumblr for some reason

    However, I don't see a lot of activity there - even pins of the "popular" section have only 100-200 likes...

  9. #9
    SitePoint Addict Green Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinterest is highly visual. If you have a site that uses great images, Pinterest may be very valuable to you. If you have a site that conveys its content primarily through words, it may be difficult to find an effective use for Pinterest.

  10. #10
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EugeneK View Post
    Hi, I've made an account on Pinterest, and yes - it allows all kinds of interactions between the users.

    Overall, Pinterest reminds me Tumblr for some reason

    However, I don't see a lot of activity there - even pins of the "popular" section have only 100-200 likes...
    See if you are talking about interactions like that we have on facebook or twitter then its not possible. We cannot have direct chat with our followers or following. But yes there is an option to invite people to like our boards to follow us. We can also invite our email contacts to follow us on pinterest. By inviting we start sharing our pins. We make people to pin our pins from our boards by inviting them.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •