Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alastairbrian View Post
    Hello,

Please review my website design. I am looking for following things

• Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    • How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    • Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?

My site - http://www.fmemodules.com/

After this whole site review I will post some of my products to get reviews on individual products. i.e features, usability, design etc

here's my first review :

your website does look nice and so professional , i like the slideshow and the color does look nice ,
    i guess its time to promote and try to get more traffic to your website
    good luck
    Tarek

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello,

It is nice and impressive website, does not need more changes it is looking professional and you choose absolute way to presenting your products
    Great job.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very professional website. Good Job !!

The products are set up in good way, user can find them easily, preview are shown in the thumbnail, you have also added the price range of each product.

You can also add a Home link in your menu bar to make navigation easier.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like your site, it is very professional - looks the part and gets across what the message is.

From my point of view, if I was looking to buy any modules... one of the biggest thing I'd look for is services, how easy is the creator to contact with questions etc.
    If this is something you would want to achieve then it'd be worth looking at actually being a little less 'professional'. Not to say go all comic sans, but put a bit of yourself or your company in it. Use your own pictures instead of istock images and so on. Show your character.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I have seen your site. Great design and color very nice.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Jun 6, 2013 at 00:23. Reason: Fake signature removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website have cool and simple corporate looks. Header portion need to be more attractive. Your website loading time is quite slow that you need to rectified. If your site will be more content riched it would be better.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Jun 6, 2013 at 00:22. Reason: self promotional link removed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, your main page seems slow for me too

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks very nice and flows very well.

Yes, the page loads slowly. The first time to your site I have the impression that it is broken and within a few seconds I have the urge to click the back-button and go away.

I would recommend putting your calls to jQuery and it's related plugins at the bottom of the page

(e.g. all the <script> tags can go below the closing </body> tag)

Or, if that gives you issues, then keep the call to the main jQuery library and autocomplete at the top and move the remaining libraries to the bottom.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good job! I like your design. It easy to review, navigate, and very good color. It looks fresh!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great site...very clean and professional looking. well ordered and presented content. nice graphics and colours.

not really anything i dont like about this site so good job!! only assume you may need to do some ab testing to really fine tune it into conversions, but thats a different story!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could do with a strapline near the logo to say what the site does.

The Facebook box overlaps the content of the page. See the screenshot below.

2013-06-12_1810.png

Some of yuor categories are empty. I suggest you don't show those category details because it makes it look like your website has only recently started up or is incomplete and therefore might not be trustworthy.

It's not obvious why users would buy Prestashop themes or modules from your website when they could to go to the official Prestashop website and get themes from there.

Do you offer a 100% money back guarantee? I didn't see that on your site and that would be a valuable thing to offer to give buyers confidence.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The page does indeed look trustworthy, but the load time is terrible.

Try using CloudFlare. It's free and should speed up your website dramatically.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=alastairbrian;5419009]Good point. We too beleive in it so with already had it. You missed to se that

Okay. I'm looking on the top row of tabs, where you have Modules, Themes, Free Stuff, Services, Portfolio, and Support. I don't see "About" in any of the dropdown menus from those main tabs, either. When I scroll all the way down to the bottom, I see Modules--about us, but that's not where I expect to find it. There's a lot on the home page and I couldn't see it until you posted here and told me it was there somewhere. Just something to think about.

A re-work of the writing on your home page paragraph would clean it up a bit.
    Here's the original: FME Module offer perfect tools for your PrestaShop Store which includes best PrestaShop Modules and PrestaShop Themes. Our PrestaShop addons and Templates deliver stunning out of the box features with so much ease and integrity that arrives with this great ecommerce Platform. It was never so much easier to setup and run your own web store. By using our free or paid PrestaShop Templates and addons you can gain credibility and trust over the internet. To stand out and stay ahead in the crowded ecommerce market you need to equip your store with something unique and something which shall bring more customers to your website and that is what our PrestaShop Modules and Templates are aimed at. Browse through our distinctive PrestaShop addons and PrestaShop templates to give best shape to your web shop and buy PrestaShop Modules.

Here's how I would change it:
    FME Module offers perfect tools for your PrestaShop Store, including our best PrestaShop Modules and PrestaShop Themes. PrestaShop add-ons and Templates deliver stunning out-of-the-box features to create your own e-commerce platform with ease.

You could keep also this information below, worded this way, but I think the two sentences above are cleaner:
    Choose from our distinctive PrestaShop Templates and add-ons to help you stand out in the crowded e-commerce market.

hth

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"

First thing I checked to was the about page to see if it had any images. Luckily it did - photos of the team inspires more trust. If you made the about page content more informal, personal insights about your team would have inspired more trust. Perhaps the content is too sales focused - i.e. only positive comments about yourselves? Also a blog would show that you care about helping customers and sharing insights with them, not just take their money.

How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?

You can display the major payment merchants eg Paypal at the top of the page, as well as your contact details. Make it visible as soon as people go on your page - so they know immediately you are professional.

Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?

Your products are spread all over the place - it's too confusing. You should have one "products" page and this is where you can display the features, price, benefits, etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job! Very professional setup. Just curious, are you selling your own PrestaShop modules, or are you reselling already developed ones? For those confused about what you're selling, a general Google search will reveal that PrestaShop is an Ecommerce CMS...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The site looks fresh, serious and trustworthy.

I would slow down the sliding value propositions on the landing page. I cant read them quick enough.
    It takes quite a while to figure what the site is all about.
    I also feel that you should address two type of people on your landing page with more details. The first time visitor who asks - what are you doing & why should i trust you. The second type - people searching for module asking why should I purchase from these guys. Put yourself in their shoes and you will probably find out what else to improve.

Best of luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi alastairbrian

I have analyzed you website. it looks fine but need to improve it. The products you mention in the website it not looks good. So you need to change it accordingly.
    For more impression you must hire seo guy. SEO guy will help you out to get you visibility in search engine and social networks...

rest i will suggest you to make little changes on the website.

SitePoint Enthusiast ReferralCandy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey alastairbrian,

My first impression of your site is that it looks well planned out and professional. Good job on that! A clear and professional design goes a long way in gaining people's trust on your business, especially since your products belong to the web industry.

If I may suggest some changes, it would be to reconsider the sliding carousel you have on the front page. While a sliding carousel may be good in showcasing high quality photos, putting important information such as discounts may not be a good idea. I didn't know about the discount you are offering on your store until I scrolled to the last slide. You may want to put the discount somewhere else on the front page that would get the attention of visitors.

I like the fact that there are live demos for each of your modules, but it would be good to have some screenshots of the control panel of your modules in the description panel, rather than just a lengthy copy. That would certainly give visitors a better idea of how he/she can actually use your modules.

Besides that, I believe your website is more than ready to go. Good luck with that and let us know how it goes!

- Aaron

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions are ok but I wasn't really blown away - there were no Wow! moments. First up is the banner/slideshow - it is whizzing through at a rate of knots and I was struggling to take in what it was you were selling or what the messages were. Imagine my surprise when I saw that you sell banner software! It wasn't a great advert for your product. The long list of images below highlighting various other products for sale was uninspiring and all looked the same to me - I think you need to highlight features and benefits of what you are selling rather than just list them all and hope someone clicks through. It's not a bad effort but it just needs some personality to lift it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice web site . Cool color combination and simplicity is the main value. Just need to fill it up more so that vacuum is covered.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the tips. I will surely work on it and will see how they look.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great luck with the site! I like to see an "About" page with a picture and a sense of who the person or company is behind the website. That is very helpful in building trust and professionalism with site visitors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alastairbrian View Post
    Hello,

Please review my website design. I am looking for following things

• Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    • How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    • Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?

My site - http://www.fmemodules.com/

After this whole site review I will post some of my products to get reviews on individual products. i.e features, usability, design etc
    Dear Alastair,

Personally I think your site looks really professional. It would definitely inspire confidence in customers. The sleek color scheme, really works well. With regards to some improvements, I don't know if it's just me being pedantic but the use of "free stuff" doesn't go down well with me. A proffesional company, wouldn't use the word stuff be a little more specific. "Free software, Giveaways etc...".

I think the layout of your products are fine but instead of having recently added products as your default display, wouldn't it serve better to have your top sellers?

Other than that I really think your product/website is great!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The layout looks very professional i must say

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csh8428 View Post
    Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    Yes, the website looks like a trustworthy site from which to buy a module

How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    Can't really think of anything

Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?
    If I didn't already know what a module was, I wouldn't know based on the homepage. If your target customers already know what modules are then I think you are good on this aspect

Other:
    The home page lands on the "recently added" modules. You might want to consider having it set to featured or top sellers depending on which you would rather get more traffic towards. Some of the navigation circles are hard to see in the transition graphic on the home page depending on the color of graphic. Might want to play wit the transparency values if possible.

I can't see anything that stands out as something bad. I could really only find nitpickety things. Good job!
    Website looks very professional. I am going to assume that a module is sort of like an app, that can be added to your website. Maybe they are called modules where you are from.
    The products in my opinion are set up well, they are easy to find, prices are clear, you can see a preview of it right in the thumbnail, and if i were in the market for apps, or to have a website built I would be interested in knowing your price range for custom sites.

One thing I noticed is that on the left navigation menu you have some categories with 0 products. These categories should be invisible until you have something to put in them. Having them empty makes me think that you may not have enough experience to even have completed all of the different types of projects that your are offering here.

I would also suggest that you ask your portfolio customers to give your company a review that you can post on this website. Testimonials are known to drive sales.