SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review My Website Design And Products

Hello,

Please review my website design. I am looking for following things

• Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    • How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    • Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?

My site - http://www.fmemodules.com/

After this whole site review I will post some of my products to get reviews on individual products. i.e features, usability, design etc

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I like the color combination you have going on--the green/white/black looks responsible (kind of bank-like: simple, clear). The top area looks nice and uncluttered.

I have to be honest, I looked around and didn't really understand what you were selling--it wasn't clear to me what a "module" is. I looked around for a bit, and it seems like it's a website package? But I'm not sure how that's different from the "themes" you offer on one of the tabs. Maybe I'm not the target audience and other people would know immediately, but if I happened upon this website, I wouldn't be exactly clear about what you do.

I like to see an "About" page with a picture and a sense of who the person or company is behind the website. That is very helpful in building trust and professionalism with site visitors.

Good luck with the site!
    www.conversationpieceslearning.org
    Enrichment Ideas and Activities for Teachers and Students
    www.youcancreate.org
    Daily Creative Challenges for People Like You

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice website! The colors follow a good combination, text is clear and easy to read, love the animation looks extremely professional all except one aspect- that presentation aspect of your product is slightly outdated. Don't panic, your website still follows generally modern layout such as those like amazon and ebay, however you need a presentation splash of your product in order to get people interested. I suggest a home page similar to something like apple's iphone home page or something like or these Portuguese watches instead of the simple slide banner. People will know that you put effort in your product when you put effort into it's presentation.

Other small critiques:
    Align that navbar: When hovering over the navbar, the white doesn't completely cover the black and doesn't look very appealing.
    Try making it look more avant-guarde: This is a personal preference of mine with clean and modern web design. It's all preference though. Try joining the forrst community to know what im talking about. I suggest removing those gradients and modularize everything. have a look at some modern product displays for inspiration. Cheers!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website looks very professional. I am going to assume that a module is sort of like an app, that can be added to your website. Maybe they are called modules where you are from.
    The products in my opinion are set up well, they are easy to find, prices are clear, you can see a preview of it right in the thumbnail, and if i were in the market for apps, or to have a website built I would be interested in knowing your price range for custom sites.

One thing I noticed is that on the left navigation menu you have some categories with 0 products. These categories should be invisible until you have something to put in them. Having them empty makes me think that you may not have enough experience to even have completed all of the different types of projects that your are offering here.

I would also suggest that you ask your portfolio customers to give your company a review that you can post on this website. Testimonials are known to drive sales.

Hope I helped!

toni

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    It looks a bot amateurish. I'd get those graphics in your slider professionally designed with unique images/

-How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    indicate above the fold what you sell. I had to scroll down to understand what you were selling

-Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?
    Also have a buy now button at the bottom of the product page so that your customers don't have to scroll back up to purchase

hope that helps.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J in Calgary View Post
    Hi,
    I like to see an "About" page with a picture and a sense of who the person or company is behind the website. That is very helpful in building trust and professionalism with site visitors.
    Good point. We too beleive in it so with already had it. You missed to se that

http://www.fmemodules.com/en/content...dules-about-us

Yes our business is different. I hope you know about open source shopping carts software like magento, Zen cart etc. Prestashop is one of them and here we sell modules and themes to online stores which have been developed using Free Prestashop software. As its free so it install the store on default features and themes and if any store owner want to go advance we offer him modules. Like if someone wants to have an FAQ page in his store we give him module. He can install it and that module will create a FAQ page. Its sort of website App Business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice website. never used open source shopping cart. but use open source CMS . shall try your products when required in the cms. hope they can integrate with cms. you also have lot of freebies for visitors thats nice. your site has completeness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice color combination, easy to the eyes and very user friendly. Also your products look great value for the money, there's always need for modules and themes in the open source CMS niche.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angelfire View Post
    nice website. never used open source shopping cart. but use open source CMS . shall try your products when required in the cms. hope they can integrate with cms. you also have lot of freebies for visitors thats nice. your site has completeness.
    Thank you.. That is what we believe. Offering free product is an effective way to enter in the market and build brand image.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think overall the design is extremely clean, it's easy to navigate the site and everything works together very well. Two very small points though; firstly, I always like to see a static headline between the rolling image on a homepage and the start of the text (or products in this case). That might just be me, but I think this helps people to recognise exactly what you offer without waiting for each image to roll over. Secondly. there's a typo on your sub-heading at the bottom of the homepage "Why Chose Us For PrestaShop Templates, Modules And Addons" - Chose should be "choose".

Otherwise, all very good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd get rid of the background shadow on .left_div and .footer_links – it looks even cleaner and nicer without it. imo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd get rid of the background shadow on .left_div and .footer_links – it looks even cleaner and nicer without it. imo, as I said (apologise for double posting, I clicked the button too quickly!)

I don't like the serif fonts you are using. These days using default web fonts looks a bit old fashioned imo you can use Google Web Fonts so easily I would use a couple of those.

The site is loading slowly for me. I know it's difficult to get this right but speed is such an important factor on the web today.

The images on the portfolio page are too big both in terms of size and optimization. They should be the same size as they appear on the page and the JPG optimized to around 50% so they're about 50k as opposed to c. 210k that they are now!

These are all usability points and incredibly important both for your users, credibility and Google. Hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, clean, design and easy to navigate. Looks like you're good to go.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xecutech View Post
    Very nice, clean, design and easy to navigate. Looks like you're good to go.
    Thank You!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    over all it is good. I noticed one thing that it takes more time than usual to load i mean i dont have a slow internet because i never have faced any problem while streaming videos and such so it was a bit unusual for me. Other than that your site looks good.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website overall looks great..my suggestion is that you can move call now text and number from footer to top of the website.If you are running an adword campaign,this can be very much help full for landing page .

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well! I would like to give you some of my opinion:
    1. Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    I think yes! Your site is really good looking and easy to navigate the menus.

2. How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    I think that you may re-arrange the product to easy to view. I don't like to roll down a lot to view the list of products

That's all my ideas.
    good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The website seems to be ok.. just a few tips
    1. You can have alternate section partitions in the "RECENTLY ADDED" tab area... one section with white another one with gray then again white and so on....
    2. The header banners could be more professional with better usage of fonts...

Cheers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    classy site, color works together, just the logo's of paypal & skrill on the left side, ... do they really need to be there? and that big?

same goes for the facebook like box

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have impressively designed your website. I like your color scheme and design approach.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    Yes, the website looks like a trustworthy site from which to buy a module

How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    Can't really think of anything

Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?
    If I didn't already know what a module was, I wouldn't know based on the homepage. If your target customers already know what modules are then I think you are good on this aspect

Other:
    The home page lands on the "recently added" modules. You might want to consider having it set to featured or top sellers depending on which you would rather get more traffic towards. Some of the navigation circles are hard to see in the transition graphic on the home page depending on the color of graphic. Might want to play wit the transparency values if possible.

I can't see anything that stands out as something bad. I could really only find nitpickety things. Good job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! In one word: nice! I like the color combination, I like the structure also!

Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    - Yes, it seems professional ! I would recommend also to use VeriSign certificates for this purpose.

How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    - It depends on what you're planning to do with it in the feature

Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?
    - I think now the website is fully functional and well organized

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    website looks good, not sure what a module is, and the site doesnt give a good explanation on what it is either.

The prices look a bit high, for me personally I would go with big brand guys for this kind of stuff.

Otherwise website looks good, love the colors. Feels a little empty.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alastairbrian View Post
    Hello,

Please review my website design. I am looking for following things

• Does my site give an impression to the customer - "Yes site looks real I can trust and buy a module"
    • How can I improve my website to make it look more professional?
    • Is it right way of presenting products? How can I improve product pages?

My site - http://www.fmemodules.com/

After this whole site review I will post some of my products to get reviews on individual products. i.e features, usability, design etc
    Hey your website not opening here.

Error msg - This web page is not available

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main page load speed seems slow