SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure what you think, but the new moderators..sorry, i mean "Community Advisors" here really annoy me.
    For instance, dndpavlik has 4 posts! Yes, 4 posts! I have been here for a while and dont many posts but 4 is just crazy. This is meant to be a great forum with friendly mods that we all know.
    I am very annoyed with this and i think better over 18s could have been found.

will code HTML for food Michel V's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if they do their job. I have only around 30 or 40 posts and i thought, for a second, of applying to be an adviser too. For a second, then i realized i don't have so much time to spend keeping track of everyone's words, behaviour, etc.
    And i took the word of adviser as ADVISER. It's like your teacher: you think he hates you because he gave you a B-, but he's just here to help you.

It's so trendy to be against all authorities, so trendy to be against everyone. I hate you all, god i'm so cool.
    Hohoho.
    [blogger: zengun] [blogware contributor: wordpress]

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main thing is whether the advisor from each particular forum is knowledgable in that field...

OK so I have a hundred and so posts under my belt, a lot less than others but I do know the subject I am moderating well and can give good clean advice on it.. This is also the case with the other advisors here.... Thats the most important thing.

Take a look at Wluke's post in "site Point feedback" and you'll see the background of some of the new mods here..

I am sure everyone will fit in well..

Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a problem with the Advisors...if I ran an active forum such as this, however, I would have wanted a bit more assurance that they would be reliable...and in that case a smaller post total would make me skeptical. Doesn't mean they're not knowledgeable, just a tad more likely that they won't take it seriously.

Hope that isn't insulting to anyone - it's just a general observation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, im not saying that the Moderators arent knowlageable but some more reassurance that they ARE worthy of this position is if they had more posts. And im not saying that all new Mods are bad, Cloughie for one is an excellent choice, but some still have to prove themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not denying the new moderator's knowledge or ability, but if it was up to me, I would choose reliable, knowledgeable, and most of all well-known and liked members to moderate.

Is adding moderators/advisors that only have a half dozen posts a result of the famed age limit? Take it for what you will.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to talk about this more than you can respond at:
    http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...7967#post67967

Otherwise, I ask that you work with us instead of against us. Each person was chosen because of various qualifications which did include their posts here at Sitepoint. Not the number of posts but their actual posts. I can tell you that I personally reviewed each and every person, reviewed their posts, checked out their websites and sent them more questions if necessary.

Most of the new Advisors have taken to their positions like ducks to water and I have seen a higher turn around in answered questions in the last two weeks.

That is the goal. That is why I created the Application process and that is why you are seeing more Advisors.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------