SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tracking Users with a Clear Gif

Ok, I have looked all over the web and can not find any information on this subject.

I have almost completed a web site using PHP that tracks the amount of time users stay on my site. The problem is that right now they need to hit the "Log Out" button so that I can get the log out time. Since I can't rely on them to do this, I need a work-around. I have submitted some posts and most people seem to agree that a clear gif or "web bug" is the way to go, however I can't find any info on how to create such a script. Is there anyone out there that can provide some information on this? I need a script resource or at least a place to start. I may be willing to pay someone to do it if the price is right.

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skadera
    I may be willing to pay someone to do it if the price is right.
    I can do it for AU$50.00 - post a reply if you are interested.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why ask for money ? These forums are here to help people not profit from them 8)

For the price of $50 I'm sure you could post the script - after all $50 isn't really a lot of money and you're not loosing much are you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payment for services

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Livingston
    Why ask for money ? These forums are here to help people not profit from them 8)
    I asked for money because skadera offered it

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Livingston
    For the price of $50 I'm sure you could post the script - after all $50 isn't really a lot of money and you're not loosing much are you ?
    I can't just post the script since I haven't written it and won't write it unless paid to do so. You may not think so but $50 is a lot of money for me - it pays my food bill for a week.