User Tag List

Thread: What to do...

Hybrid View

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment I'm working on getting several sites up and running, but what i'm wondering is what to do for banner ads. Should I just start off with something like linkexchange.com or webmasterexchange.com to gather more traffic and then go on to use advertising.com or another pay-per-click/sale.

Between all of my sites (as most are under contruction) I'd say I get about 15000 page views a month.

Any advice will help a lot.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could make it possible, go with NO advertising at first. Once you establish your site, you can add the advertising then.

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion on this is to simply use CJ.com until you have enormous amounts of traffic. Even if mine gets up there I'll probably still use CJ.com.

The power to choose your own advertisers and negotiate ad rates with them is awesome. It doesn't take much traffic to add up with CTRs as high as 7% on some banners paying out at $0.25/click or affiliate programs that perfectly compliment my site and are earning me $10-$20 a day from a single merchant.

I don't think you should leave out the advertising - sites without advertising don't seem right to me when I visit. I only get the impression that they're an educational textual page or something.. where are the banners? I have come to expect them and I have actually left sites because they "felt" weird to me while browsing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dash.com -Anyone got experience with them.

Here's what their sites read
    ------------------------------

Youíll earn $2 for every FREE download you refer to dash-- plus youíll get 10% lifetime residual commissions.

dash is a free shopping companion that earns consumers cash back when they shop online. Itís a benefit to every Internet user, and dash will pay you cash to help spread the word. By using your web site, email and newsletters to promote dash, you can earn significant revenue.

Your visitors WILL get cash and a virtual mall with more than 125 merchants, and cash back up to 25% on every purchase. Your visitors WILL NOT have to provide us with credit card information. Your visitors WILL NOT get spam, useless information, tokens, coins, points, or other imaginary currencies, just CASH!

Do you have an e-mail list? Are your subscribers into freebies? If so, tell them about dash and earn residual commissions.

Earn $2 per download plus 10 % residual commissions by joining the dash Affiliate Program today.

rgds,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone else got advice on this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found it's best to stick with affiliate programs that go with the theme to your site. If it's web developement, maybe links to cgi directories or something like that. If they're on your site, they're there for a reason, and offering products that aren't directly related won't do much good.

For instance, on my site, I joined programs for both X-Drive and SocialNet.com at the same time. Both were free to join, and each paid me a buck per free sign-up. I thought x-drive was cool and thought my visitors would really get into it. That was in June. I've since made $2 with x-drive, and over $600 with SocialNet.

I've never had *any* luck with sites and programs that were supposed to be something that is useful to *everyone.*
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.