SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

expert help needed please...

I am going to try and explain myself a little better in the hope that someone out there can help me...here goes.

I have a set of thumbnails (converted to buttons) which when clicked on load the larger versions into an empty movieclip on the stage. As i have (or intend to have) quite a few i thought the best thing to do would be to place them all inside a movieclip which in turn i placed inside the scrollpane component, thus enabling me to maintain all my thumbs on the one page. The problem is now when i click on each button inside the scrollpane, the larger image no longer loads into the container on the stage.
    Is this because the buttons (thumbs) are now inside a movieclip which is inside the scrollpane or do i need to change the code (see below)

on (release) {
    loadMovie("s1.jpg", "frame");
    }

"frame" is the instance name of the target clip and "s1.jpg" is the full size image of the button this code is assigned to. The image also resides in the same folder as the flash file.

I really would be grateful for some assistance with this as its for a college project. I can provide more info if needed.
    Thanx

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if "frame" is on the stage, then if you change the code to this, it should work:
    Code:
    on (release) {
    loadMovie("s1.jpg",_root.frame);
    }
    hope it helps

zing
    Better-Barter.com
    Logo store full of unique, professional identities
    perfect for you or your client!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    f**king beauty...nice one , thats solved it mate,thanks. Im pretty new to Flash and Im sort of picking it up as i go along.
    If i could beg a little more help...is it possible for me to call up a text description for each image that gets loaded. I reckon this might be a bit more complicated and if its too hard to explain here i will understand.

Thanks again

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shouldn't be too complicated.. but you want to call up the text description from where?
    Better-Barter.com
    Logo store full of unique, professional identities
    perfect for you or your client!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im unsure really, is it possible to create some form of text file containing the relevent data for each image that can be called on when each picture is loaded. Or maybe another movie clip symbol containing the text but i imagine that would mean making one for each image which could prove time consuming and laborious...
    Sorry if i appear a bit thick on it but like i said before i am a newbie (though i quick learner).