SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need the smallest WYSIWYG editor that there is (byte-wise).

I want to be able to send it to the people who write content for my page with a template so that they can just fill in the blanks and save it to send to me.

Any good ones that are small enough to email the full program? (preferably not to difficult use - although I can walk them through it.

Thank you,

Chad

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AOL Press is a really easy-to-use WYSIWYG editor that is pretty small in size, yet it has a bit of features. It was one of my first WYSIWYG editors that I have used.

You can find the current version at http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0....lst.td_876384 it is a little big (3.4 megs) however. I am pretty sure that older versions from a few years back are smaller (maybe less than 1.5 megs)...but I couldn't find any online.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AOL Press isn't the best HTML editor by today's standards, not at all, yet I still use it. Why? It's free, small in size, and formats my HTML neatly, how I've grown accustomed to. It doesn't compare to Dreamweaver or Frontpage, but it is worth a look. Only problem is AOL stopped updating it, as they now use HotDog.