User Tag List

Thread: Ricochet

Hybrid View

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw a commercial for this, really it turns me on (how big of a nerd am I?)

Wireless internet access at 128kbps for a flat monthly fee? Fantasy? No, reality.

Apparently the monthly fee is $75 a month, or $900 a year, which yes, is expensive, but if you spend alot of time on the road, meeting with clients, or otherwise away from your home/office then I'd get this straight away.

I always used to say that I can't wait till cell phones go flat rate then I could be connected everywhere I go. Well this uses radio waves not cell phones, and its as fast as an ISDN connection, it just seems too good to be true.

Their coverage area is small right now, but this is one company I would watch, they're going to be hugely successful.

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read about this somewhere, but I can't remember where. It would be perfect for me and my laptop if they had a large coverage area. I travel extensively, and I get real tired of AOL. When you are used to cable at home and DSL at work, AOL is a bummer.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well check out ricochet.com I only wish they covered my area.