SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Review my Tourism Web Design

I have school project that requires me to design a tourism website. Would like to ask for your opinions and suggestions regarding my design. The requirments also need to develop in wordpress.

Revalida(Toursim).jpg

You can also download the template via the link.

http://s255.photobucket.com/user/tes...f8e68.jpg.html

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on the picture there it looks good. That being said it would be better if you could post a link to a working version of it with some content pages.

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clestcruz,

Your design looks good but Jeremy raises a good point. Many elements that could affect a professional’s opinion of your design are lost when just posting an image. For instance we can’t see how the site is rendered in a browser, if there are any interactive elements such as drop down menus or flash. You would get some more in-depth answers if you posted a link.

One suggestion I do have from your image is that you should move your global menu to the right and make space for a logo. I’m assuming a tourism company would have a logo that they would like to display and the menu interferes with a common web convention of having the logo in the top left corner of the site. Move the social icons to the top right corner of the page above the global menu. Also, any main navigation?

Hope that helps,

Shawn

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your inputs, i'm still a newbie in web designing and just started to register to a free hosting site. I'll try to upload the content

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your design. One suggestion - Please keep the border color(Top & Below) same on your header image.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Design Footer - Add testimonials, about us and contact us links in the footer, If possible then add some social media buttons.
    Use bigger images, In events I suggest having one event in one line with big picture and description.
    Increase the size of banner image. Visitors love big pictures and as its a tourist website than surely you will need to add some big, and good quality images to attract visitors.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your opinion i actually made some changes/revision in my design i felt the thumbnail was too small Revalida.jpg

Here is another link for download

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps0fdca8b5.jpg

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we see that your design looks very good. And it has many elements what can affect a professional’s opinion of your style design are lost when just posting an image. So we can not see how the site is rendered in a browser, if there are any interactive elements such as drop down menus or flash to get some more in-depth answers
    One suggestion I do have from your image is that you should move your global menu to the right and make space for a logo. I’m assuming a tourism company would have a logo that they would like to display and the menu interferes with a common web convention of having the logo in the top left corner of the site. Move the social icons to the top right corner of the page above the global menu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the color combination. A small suggestion: you can improve Event section by customizing the pictures backgournds and info display

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, I think it's a little bit simply for a tourism website but it could be upgrade by adding some element in the nav bar

SitePoint Enthusiast Pamela Alina's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That green is a little unusual.
    The page is too big, too many elements.
    Try to KISS (keep it simple simple )

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the images an d design of the first design but missing something at the buttom of the page for me, more texts, infos..
    social media sharing, quick links..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very severe.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice design. Use some J quarry in menu section.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should focus on main menu with more links to click, or simple use MegaMenu to help all guest can find useful information into your website. Our design team has release a travel website 2 years ago, and I'd love to share with you a few tips.

- Make your website with Wordpress. I highly recommend it! You can customize it as many options from a small introduced services to a big portal with useful information, click-to-order, gallery and many more,..
    - You should make many blocks on your homepage to show about destinations (6-8, if you can), gallery (at least 4 photos with one big photo), latest news (about 5), link to social network (Facebook and Twitter intergration), best hotels (with rating and thumbnail), Testimonials (from your customers). These blocks will expand your website become a travel expert more than simple destination.
    - Remember to put some buttons for click, as example: click-to-review, click-to-order, subcribe form,...
    - A background for website should be a big picture with nice shot and funny colors.

Hope you get succeed when doing this travel website.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per my opinion first you should add attractive logo and Make proper navigation structure. Design footer and add your details such as address, contact details etc. Images play vital role to attract users, Hence add attractive tourism images. You require to add more efforts to design website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me your Nav menu font looks too big, it's bigger than the main site title font, maybe decrease the font size on that.
    Web and Graphic Design Inspiration Blog - Enfuzed

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

Do you think it could be important to put something related to pricing on the homepage?
    If you're creating a template for others to use, I think pricing is an important thing to consider.

An example of pricing could be Plans offered to X country.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey ... it is need to care about the detalis of every part of your design , it seem if you careabout them you will get nice project at the end ..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The important thing creating a tourism website is that it caters the tourist spots people can visit when they travel. Stunning images are also a great addition in creating one.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is a bit plain, but it's good that there's a large photo right there. I think that big photos are really effective in selling a travel experience. Find some really attractive pictures, some turquoise blue water on the beach or something with some pretty boats sailing by or a beautiful sunset with some trees and BBQ cooking in the background and that makes for a great travel picture.