SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Facebook show the about page to the public?

Hey,

I wanted to know if anyone has their information displayed to non-friends / anyone not logged in.

Right now it is only showing the profile image and cover image but I want the about information to show so people know who I am (It is for an organisation but it is setup as a normal Facebook profile)
    CanaryHotspot.com - Canary Island forum and information
    InternationalChatForum.com - International Travel Chat Forum and information

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are setting options available for this. You can edit your account setting options and set what you want to be displayed.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi there,
    go to your timeline and go to timeline settings just below to cover image and here you can found all what you are talking about!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you can, from the security options on facebook. Privacy shortcuts (the little lock icon on the top right of the page) > Who can see my stuff (in the dropdown).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fb query reply

Quote Originally Posted by John D View Post
    Hey,

I wanted to know if anyone has their information displayed to non-friends / anyone not logged in.

Right now it is only showing the profile image and cover image but I want the about information to show so people know who I am (It is for an organisation but it is setup as a normal Facebook profile)

You can control every thing by going to Account Settings in Facebook. You can control how people can see you . You can show to the public or friends what ever required by going to Account settings & Privacy Settings.
    <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Apr 9, 2013 at 01:39. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you can do it by going to Account Setting, you can do all what you want. You can public/private your photos as well.