SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it have any fault in deleting the site from WMT?

Does it have any fault in deleting the site that added in WMT.I want to delete and re add the site once more.Because I think verification code is lost from our the site?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do it again.

Chris
    <snip>links deleted</snip>
    Last edited by molona; Jun 18, 2013 at 03:42. Reason: wait 90 days for a signature

SitePoint Enthusiast Pamela Alina's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WMT is just a tool that help you have an overview.
    WMT does not help at all in indexing pages. It just shows you which pages are indexed and what problems exist.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the others have said, it does no harm at all to remove the site and then to add it back.

Keep in mind that, if you are using the "file" verification method (where you place a small file in the site's root directory), then you must keep the file in place the whole time, not just during the verification process. If the file gets accidentally deleted, you will have to go through the verification again.

Mike

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post
    As the others have said, it does no harm at all to remove the site and then to add it back.

Keep in mind that, if you are using the "file" verification method (where you place a small file in the site's root directory), then you must keep the file in place the whole time, not just during the verification process. If the file gets accidentally deleted, you will have to go through the verification again.

Mike
    ok thank you guyz for all the replies ,If I delete my already added site from Google webmaster tool then won't the associate date lost?

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityprinters View Post
    If I delete my already added site from Google webmaster tool then won't the associate date lost?
    No, I don't think so. But it might depend on how long the site is deleted for. If there is a big gap between deletion and re-instatement, it's possible that you will lose the data up to the point of the re-instatement, but that's just a guess. I've no experience either way.

Mike