User Tag List

Hybrid View

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

height and width params and stage dims

Is it possible to have Flash animations automatically resize themselves on a web page to the dimensions set for the stage, rather than having to specify the height and width values in the HTML? Right now, without width and height params, it seems to default to about 150x150 even though I set the stage to 400x400.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Can you post an example of the effect your trying to achieve?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, like with images if you don't specify the dimensions in the tag - the browser automatically uses their actual height and width. I don't suppose that's possible with flash (i.e. use the dimensions from the flash file itself).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your using Macromedia's Flash editor (any version) the outputted HTML will have the correct values for Height & Width provided the export HTML option's turned on.

If your having to guess at the dimensions (perhaps you dont have the original FLA source file) your best bet is to open the SWF file in windows using the stand alone Flash player then take a screen shot (Windows: Print Screen) then paste the captured image into any image editor (Fireworks, Photoshop or even Window Paint) where you can check its exact dimensions.