~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey hey, Pete sent that to me BEFORE it was published! He is a really knowledgable guy, doing lots of great work.

gingham dress, army boots... silver trophy redux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not bad indeed. i remember most peter's presentation at nicky's conference.
    maybe i'm picky, but i would have liked to see longdescs on the two images used on the html version of the paper (the Rivers of Text on page 2, and the concave site structure on page 5).
    additionally on page 4
    When using text documents always punctuate abbreviations, e.g. BDA should be B.D.A.
    the ABBR and ACRONYM tags could have been mentioned.
    but yes, i'm nitpicking now
    re·dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively
    [latin : re-, re- + dux, leader; see duke.]
    WaSP Accessibility Task Force Member
    splintered.co.uk | photographia.co.uk | redux.deviantart.com

Robert Wellock silver trophybronze trophy xhtmlcoder's Avatar
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I am considered dyslexic that would give me an edge with regards to evaluating the material and its accuracy. Overall the report seemed rather 'generic' with regards to accessibility and usability although there was one or two points that one could associate with for example:

"Often dyslexics describe themselves as thinking differently from others. It is believed that they think holistically, and that they see others as thinking linearly."

To an extent I will think holistically in conjunction with thinking linearly, call it a kind of multitask thinking if you will. Hence that's partially why I may appear to go off a tangent when discussing a topic since I might be following several trains of thought in one instance.

Although I wouldn't really consider myself as having any problems with 'e-Content Accessibility' the most appropriate action a web author could apply to make interpretation of data easier is with reference to the following:

"Documents should be well structured, breaking text down into manageable and sensible chunks"

Albeit I believe that philosophy applies in a general to the majority of users for example: "Use line spacing between paragraphs to break up text." which is considered standard practice in modern word-processing. The punctuation of abbreviations is probably again due to white-space.

Overall the information was fairly informative albeit I don't know how wise it was to have dark blue hyperlinks on a lighter blue background. Furthermore I don't think redux could be classed as nitpicking about marking-up the abbreviations and acronyms correctly.