User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WordPress Navigation Help

Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me figure out an issue I was having with the site navigation on a WordPress site I'm working on. The link to the site is http://appliedliningsolutions.com/ . I'm trying to fix the current page item issue I am having. The page that indicates what page you are on is supposed to have a blue background which it does, but when I go to make it line up with the rest of the navigation it messes with the other elements on the page. I used the code -

#access ul li.current_page_item {
    background-color: #4381a3;
    height: 46px;
    margin-top: 7px;
    }

Using the margin-top and height makes it line up but the other elements on the navigation are then messed up. Should I use different code or is there something I haven't added or that needs to be taken out? Hope this all makes sense and thank you to everyone that tries to help out.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Hi A-Town. Welcome to the forums.

Firstly, remove the top margin on the current LI and remove the background color from the LIs. Instead, set the <a>s to display: block, and put the background color on them. E.g.

Code:
    #access .menu .current_page_item a {
      display: block;
      background: #4381A3 url("/wp-content/themes/als-child/siteelements/nav_line.png") no-repeat right bottom;
    }