SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Of" != "Have" bronze trophy Jeff Lange's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely agree with Harry, application design is extremely more important than specific syntax used.

That being said, on OOP vs Procedural, PHP4's OOP doesn't give it much advantage over just using user-defined functions. This will change with PHP5, and much for the better, but until then, using OOP in PHP4 doesn't give a lot of advantage, (Only my opinion.)

That doesn't at all mean that I don't use OOP in PHP4, I do, I just don't think there is a LOT of advantage to it until PHP5 goes gold (I will love that day).
    Who walks the stairs without a care
    It shoots so high in the sky.
    Bounce up and down just like a clown.
    Everyone knows its Slinky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post Harry

The tabs-vs-spaces issue has been debated for years without any chance of ever being concluded - it's one of those religious wars. I like 4 spaces because tab indented code is virtually unreadable in any editor that doesn't let you set the width of tabs - I know all decent editors allow this, but if you're making a quick edit in something like notepad (or using "less" on *nix to view a file) the code looks really ugly.

Making a better wheel silver trophy DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to fix any issues with the width of tabs in different editors, i only use tabs on a line until a non-tab character is used. after that, use spaces for any indenting.

this saves filesize by using tabs and should look fine (perfect!) whether your tab width is 2 or 10.