SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i read more about best practices in slicing psds and converting to html/css

I'm trying to look for the best site or book to teach me best practice in slicing psds and converting them to html/css.

and i'm also trying to find a good book to teach me how to design portfolio in psds and probably some design tips as well.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Mouse catcher silver trophy
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wc43870n View Post
    I'm trying to look for the best site or book to teach me best practice in slicing psds and converting them to html/css.

and i'm also trying to find a good book to teach me how to design portfolio in psds and probably some design tips as well.
    The best practice is ... don't slice PSDs and convert them to HTML/CSS. Create a web page, don't draw a pretty picture. See a previous discussion for what we said last time this question was asked!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also could image map the actual image but that would be a pain in the butt hehe

I see people wanting psd to html sites a lot, I guess they're unfamiliar with good practice, usually they're designers/graphics people, if they're willing to pay money it might be worthwhile.