SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controlling a movie clip using ActionScript.

Hi all,

I'm sure what I'm about to ask isn't too difficult, but my ActionScript isn't great so it'd take me hours of manual scanning to do!! If someone could point in the direction of a tutorial or something that does nearly the same thing. Here's my demo (copy removed, but you'll get the jist...)

http://your.workcomms.com/helpme/

There's no preloader on it yet, so modem users may have to wait for 20 seconds or so....

Anyway, you can see the circle with JUNE 2004 written in it and two black arrows. Also, you'll notice that the main content pane (with the photos in) scrolls horizontally when your mouse is in the black bar at the bottom. What I want to do is have that date in the circle slide from the left all the way over to the right in sync with the main content scrolling so that it runs from APRIL 2003 thru DECEMBER 2005 as it scrolls. Obviously, if the user stops scrolling the main content, I need the date circle to stop where it is too.

It's a bit beyond me, but I know it's possible. Cheers!

G

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what would happen if the user was only half on one picture? would you want the circle to display in between the two dates?
    Better-Barter.com
    Logo store full of unique, professional identities
    perfect for you or your client!

Drupaler bronze trophy greg.harvey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. I'd just want the date to go up and down independantly and incrementally but in sync with the pictures.