SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know whether there are other search engines that use keyword advertising like GoTo.com out there in the market?

Valtay
    http://littlemall.net/index.ftml

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a site for it.. payperclickengines or something like that.. look for it. There's about 20 or 30 or so engines doing this but most aren't big enough to compete.

I personally use Brainfox.com because the bids start at $0.001 rather than $0.01 so I bid an average of $0.003 per listing. The traffic doesn't come as fast but they'll give you a 500% bonus on top of your first deposit there. IOW, I deposited $20 of my money, and my balance started at $120.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, thank you very much for sharing your experience. I'll visit those search engines that you mentioned. I have also visited your site and I love it. I have it bookmarked for future reference.

By the way, my site is currently hosted with onestop.net and I am frustrated by the slow response from its support team whenever I have problems with my site. Recently, I requested that they changed the MX records on my DNS file because I want to upgrade my email service to one that carries my domain name. They replied saying that it will be done soon, but a week later, they replied again saying that they are NOT going to be done. I am thinking of hosting my site somewhere after encountering so many bad experiences. This is just to warn others out there if they are toying with using Onestop.net. Also I want to ask for advice regarding which hosting company to use.
    valtay
    http://littlemall.net/index.ftml

Follow Me On Twitter: @djg gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy Dan Grossman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hosted with what I consider one of the BEST hosts out there, AND one of the least expensive:

Your-Site.com

They use REAL servers, not PCs running Redhat Linux like most of the hosts that people here use (HostRocket/ThinkHost/etc).

They support all the features you'll need for an advanced site starting with 50MB/6GB for $5/mo or $8/mo with mySQL (hosted on a SEPARATE mySQL SERVER they own).

Uptime is great, and tech support ALWAYS responds to me within 6 hours and I've emailed them at least 5 times (not to complain about services - MX record changes, changing a billing address, tech support, etc).

You should really visit and check out their hosting plans, if you prepay for a year (as little as $60) it's very affordable - I use them for both of my sites and all 3 of my domains.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks once again for sharing thie info with me. You have helped me a lot and I wish someday, I'll be able to help others just as you have done for me. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spend enough time on these forums and you become incredibly knowledgeable in running a website.. fast. So much information goes through this site!