SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Meet Requirements of Posting -"Website Design & Content - Reviews & Critiques"

Hello all,

I was trying to post my website and some products developed by myself for reviews but unable to do so. It says "You do not meet the requirements to post in this thread!"

Please guide!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have checked post count and find there are some poster having post count less than mine and still able to post in reviews and critic section.

SitePoint Evangelist WebMachine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you read the guidelines? You have to have made thoughtful reviews of at least 3 other websites in the past 30 days first.
    Then you can post your own website for review.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebMachine View Post
    Have you read the guidelines? You have to have made thoughtful reviews of at least 3 other websites in the past 30 days first.
    Then you can post your own website for review.
    This is exactly correct - you haven't given any reviews, so you can't ask for one yet. You need to make three solid reviews before you can request one. And even then, it may take a while for the privileges to change for you to post.

Please read the guidelines and go from there - if you have any further questions, please repost.
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMaxwell View Post
    This is exactly correct - you haven't given any reviews, so you can't ask for one yet. You need to make three solid reviews before you can request one. And even then, it may take a while for the privileges to change for you to post.
    Just to clarify that – once you've made three posts of sufficient length in the reviews and critiques forum, you will be allowed to submit a review request. That then goes into the moderation queue, where it has to be approved by one of the moderators before it will appear in the forum list. For us to approve it, we have to manually check that you have written at least three reviews of other sites that are not only long enough but are relevant and go into enough detail to be worthwhile – that's why it takes some time. There's no need to re-submit your review if it doesn't appear straight away, just be patient and wait while we work away in the background.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for guiding. And surely this is justified give and take thing. I will review three sites and will be constructive in whatever I suggest to them.