SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone.

I finally got around to re-launching my site and was wondering what everyone thought of it? Any comments or suggestions that come to mind would be much appretiated.

Thanks

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design etc. However, I may just be me, but I do not know what to do when I get there. People are looking for instant gratification. Maybe you should just increase the size of the font on the Home Page, since that tells the user what you provide.

I think you should have a default engine listed. When I tried to search I never picked a search engine and was wondering why it would not work. Or you could just pop-up a message saying please choose a search engine.

my two cents.
    "Over 2200 Free Webmaster Resources and Tools"
    Search through our continually updated directory of free webmaster resources.
    WebmasterLane.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well first off you need to set the BODY BGCOLOR tag. I see the page background as light beige, my Windows Window Color color (say that 5 times fast <G>). I'm using IE5 BTW.

Overall it looks nice. I'd make all the fonts larger though. And make the links in the link bar on the left un-underlined, until you hover over them. I also would remove the >'s. Also put a little space above "The Technology Start Page."

Also I'd put the Search the Net form in a colored table that sets it off from the rest of the nav bar.

Going to another page...the custom page...put a little cellpadding in the main content cell. Having ArticleCentral right up touching the blue line doesn't look very good.

Your news pages look pretty good. Except, on the gaming page, take those Stomped and WebDog links out of your navbar. You should keep the navbar for only links on your own site; put those others in another, third column, if you don't want them in the main column. Same for all the links there on the OS page.

Your about page is not bad, but why put site news on that page in that little sidebar? Put that on the front page after the site intro.

And finally, I'd run your site stats on your own server, that way you won't have to use the Webtrends button, which tends to look kinda tacky.

Take care of those and I'd say you'd be just about perfect.

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

1) Your left menu looks very empty and it's not very attractive

2) The banner is located right in the middle of your page and it takes my attention away from the content itself. I suggest you either move it to the top or to the bottom...

3) There isn't much content on that site although it looks like what you intended. I recommend you to use moreover.com in order to add more stuff to your site...

That's about it..
    Good luck,
    Boris
    * HostSector.com - Get Your Business Online
    Plans starting at $4.95/month (up to 500MB of space, 15,000MB of bandwidth, and more).

http://hostsector.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your viewers over 40 or those who aren't but squint a bit would appreciate a larger font--it is a bit slow reading because of its size. Speaking of its, there are some "it's" on home that need to be fixed. The word is "its". No apostrophe. No, I don't think this is being picky, it's a common error today, and I am doing my bit to stand up and stomp it out <g>.

I'd announce the news of the launch of WiredStart on home, not in "about". My web stats shows no one reads the about page. Well, almost no one. It's about time to quit. I'm pooped tonight. Good luck with your work.

Gene-B

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the graphics and colors on the web site. It is easy to get around on the site, but I do not like the banner. It is in the top-middle of the page, and I think it should be placed elsewhere. I like how you have efficently placed "home customize start here about" at the top of the page. Otherwise, wiredstart is my new Tech. Start Page.