SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Review my store

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could I get some reviews of my online Novelty Store. Thanks. http://www.aisle55.com

Logan Thompson
    Aisle 55 Novelty Gifts
    www.Aisle55.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

i need your help. i held this for the three review count. i could only find two. but all three were done prior to aisle55 posting. in my count, i kept missing one. i went back and found it.

please take a look at the site and do a review. i will. and i am saying to aisle55

"I am sorry about the delay, thank you for allowing other Site Point members the opportunity to review
    your site and I hope you find the reviews useful."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

navigation....easy from HOME to any other page and between the daughter pages but then i wanted to come back HOME and it was above the menu bar. took only a second to find.

nice help page. i particularly like the contact us if you still need help.

auctions...did not find the auctions going either above the menu bar or in the Our Services section.

The only question I have is about the label font and point count over the sections. For some markets, this is perfect and if it works for you, keep it.

Then I enter the store...I would recommend one or two spaces between the text and the graphic. ie the golf cart and the description. But I would not center the text.

At the top of each page..Novelty Clocks, etc I would add one more space to move the label...Novelty Clocks ...down a bit from the horizontal nav bar.

I hope the comments help

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked your store - nice and clean. Felt a little unlively, though - methinks you should add a description to each subsection of products.

Also, drop the unproffesional "leave us a message" humanclick thingy. It takes up WAY too much space, and looks like some cheap free-web hosting ad or something. But I liked the contact pop-up window it generated - perhaps you should try to do the same thing, but with a simple formmail? Also, put the contact link on the top of "our services", since that is the link people will most likely be looking for.

Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG! Your selling stuff online and you don't have meta tags on your web page! How are the search engines going to find you? Go to SubmitCorner.com to learn more about Meta tags.

The pages are fast loading... good solid design. The things I don't like about your page is that you don't have a contact form embeded on your page. If users have only web based email then it takes longer for them to contact you and they might not go through the hassle. Keep up the good work.

Its a good page....

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about SoldierMail, I have Meta tags. Meta tags go in the top of the html between the head tags just in case you didn't notice. I am planning on using a form for my contact page, it is just I haven't found a script that is easy to install to do it. thanks

Logan
    Logan Thompson
    Aisle 55 Novelty Gifts
    www.Aisle55.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

I checked the tags when i reviewed the site and found them to be very appropriate. I remember thinking, "how do they get away with so many".

There is another review item, to get rid of the blue around the jpg or gif, try border = 0, you may not want this but it is a good idea for some graphics and was just mention on another review.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm sorry, All your pages don't have meta tags on them though. Your help page and your contact page don't have meta tags on them.

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great site layout... Professional looking enough to gain my trust as an e-consumer. The live chat plug through HumanClick is also nice to see, especially when you have someone actually staffing it. (many sites put it there but never use it)

Good luck with your endeavours,

David | http://www.web-master.tv
    The site for webmasters is here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its quite good nothing seems out of place or ill designed
    , why not a background image behind the main page images it will stop so much of the whiteness, overall thought it it looks good.

Andysan
    Andysan :-)
    "do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a wise dragon"

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reviewed using IE5, Win 95 on a resolution of 1024x768

I like the layout very much. It's fast loading, simple and very clean.

1. Auctions link brings up Page was not found on ebay.
    2. IMO, you should have more of a space around the text inside the main text area.
    3. Think that when you click the shopping cart link you should be brought to a secure site.
    4. When you click the shopping cart option and are told that you don't have any items in your cart there should also be links to the rest of the site from that page.

Bar those few small things the site looks great.

rgds,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith,

About the shopping cart, I can't change that because it is a company I am using that has the shopping cart. Thanks for your help.

Logan
    Logan Thompson
    Aisle 55 Novelty Gifts
    www.Aisle55.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking site - good color scheme. Easy on the eyes and attractive.

Good load time - DSL-NT-IE5-17"-800x600.

I have no suggestions - good luck.

js

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It needs a little more content and dynamic otherwise a clean and good working shopping card.
    I would like to know the name of the shopping card program, if it is a freeware!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean,

What type of content do you think it needs? The software is Mal-Ecommerce. Go to mals-e.com for more information. They charge a little but its definitly worth it.

Logan
    Logan Thompson
    Aisle 55 Novelty Gifts
    www.Aisle55.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean actualy a little bit of dynamic like promotional offers that change every time people visit your site. Change is always good even if it is just changing the pictures on your homepage.
    Thx for giving me info on shopping-card.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sort of redesigned the site. I havne't seen what it looks like in Netscape. Any comments?
    Logan Thompson
    Aisle 55 Novelty Gifts
    www.Aisle55.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site. Good design and layout, easy navigation. Good choice for a domain name "Aisle 55", this should get you nice directory listings in Yahoo and Dmoz.

My only complaints are that both your text and link text are black and may be confusing to come users but otherwise everything seems good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agree, very neat and nice design.
    good luck