User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I'm using a piece of software called Hi-Verify to check the metatags on a site. It compares the tags in the head to those in the body. The problem I have is that it doesn't pick up plurals. For example, if I have 'house' in the head it doesn't count 'houses' on the page. Is this just a thing with this software or does, for example, Alta Vista do the same. Do the words have to be exactly the same????

Also, it is saying I have too few keywords. Surely it's just as good to have a few quality words than lots of not so good ones. Repeating them a few times is ok, but too many times will lead to spamming. I always thought that the more different keywords you use, the more 'diluted' they become on engines. Am I mistaken?

Burbled on a bit.... sorry!

Peter
    Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beware of softeware when it come to search engine promotion.... I have found the only worthwhile piece of software to be web position gold and only for monitoring results.. My best results are fomr hand meta tagging and submitting.

Yes, If I had the word house in I may not bother to include houses.. Maybe I would if I had a two worded phrase i would use houses aswell as just the word house..

As for the length of keywords, I have tried both ways to the extreme. From one word to a riduclous length.. I have found the best reults from using 8 or 10 good key words..

I would try and include as many keywords as poss in your actual content, espacially towards the top..

Hope this helps..

Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements