SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

I am running a top site in Chinese. My site currently having around 400000 to 500000 page views per day. I am using Musicvision as my ads agency.

I would like to know if I use other like doubleclick or About, how much I can make per month in average?

Regards,
    Bear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubleclick is used by sites that get major traffic, but unfortunatly, I can't comment on them from personal experience. At 500,000 page views a day, you can make significant money - without a doubt. You obviously should stick strictly to CPM. The only thing that is iffy is that your site is in Chinese...

My recommendations:

http://www.burstmedia.com
    http://www.flycast.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you located within Mainland China or Taiwan?

If you on the island, look for specialized ad agencies serving Taiwanese businesses. You will probably be able to make more money that way. I would also look at large multi-national ad agencies to see if they offer Chinese ads. These will serve your audience and you a lot better than other languages.

I don't know about mainland China and government policies towards advertising.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being chinese will hurt. Most of these networks you're hearing of are for english speaking or american sites only (or sites accessed by americans)

I doubt any of them would accept you. My advice would be to look at other big chinese sites and see who is serving their ads. But I highly doubt any ad networks commonly mentioned here would be set up to serve to a chinese audience.

Chris

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all your comments. I used to use flycast.com and I can earn much more than music vision. But since my site contain some links to warez sites, so they stop their ads in our site.

I will tired some multi-natiaonal ads agency and see if they want to put their ads in my site. I will also remove all those illegal links in my site as well. Hope to keep the best quality of my site.

May be I will also open a English section in the near future. Anyway, thanks for you guys comments.

By the way, do you think there is a future for topsite? Any idea to change it and make it better?

Bear