SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portfolio best practices

I've done a few projects and up until now provided a few pics on a slider with links to the finished project however, one of the projects have just undone design changed ( I prefer the 1st one ).

So what are the nest / most advisable practices for showcasing previous work? How do you record your previous work ( I always think it's better to be seen in action )
    Do you link to your projects from your site ( is this a drawback for seo, ie linking to each other? )?
    Anything else interesting about this issue that you know of?

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is how I did it. http://www.websitecodetutorials.com/portfolio.php. I did a meld of linking to it but not leaving the site.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy PicnicTutorials's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also there is no seo issue linking. But if your worried about it add nofollow to the links.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EricWatson View Post
    Also there is no seo issue linking. But if your worried about it add nofollow to the links.
    what do you mean a meld of linking? How did you do it like that? It looks like a fullscreen gallery but with the options of clicking the links and scrolling down.
    And yes I see, putting them as no follow is a good idea. Also I want to do the social icons like you did in the 2nd projects you've listed, is there a tutorial out on how to do them?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hantaah View Post
    what do you mean a meld of linking? How did you do it like that? It looks like a fullscreen gallery but with the options of clicking the links and scrolling down.
    And yes I see, putting them as no follow is a good idea. Also I want to do the social icons like you did in the 2nd projects you've listed, is there a tutorial out on how to do them?
    It`s just a lightbox or similar loading an iFrame to the actual site