User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEO critique of a professional website

The domain is wwm.net.au
    The site owner was charged for several things that perhaps werent delivered on, I have advised that there were several problems, lack of key phrase navigation, some pages use images for headings, low or no key phrase density and a few other things. Basically its a very nice looking site that cost a lot, but fails to rank very well. It was also meant to be easy to edit but the CMS given was a login to PHPMYADMIN!!! lol

Can you please give a tech analysis of any issues you can see with the coding, in any way, and any SEO issues you can see.

I think there might be some sort of domain cloaking going on somewhere, there are a couple of other domains associated with this site too.

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chargin,

There are a lot of issues regarding SEO for this particular site.

It doesn’t look like anyone was paying attention to the onsite optimization and if they were, they had no idea what they were doing. I didn’t look at every page but the ones I did look at, there was no logical layout for the onsite.

I couldn’t tell what words they were trying to rank for
    Title tags had brand name first
    No headers on some pages
    Thin copy
    URL’s are not optimized for keywords and some have enormously long names although they are just a single page. For instance /work-well-mats-products-electrical-matting-switchboard-matting.html.
    URL’s need to be rewritten to drop the html and they need to only have the page’s target keyword in them.
    There is no consistency among image file names, title, meta description, headers and copy in regards to target keyword.

Here are some best practices for onsite seo,

http://www.seomoz.org/learn-seo/on-page-factors

I did not look at the offsite stuff or the code.

Hope that helps,
    Shawn

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi buddies, i agreed with all the member of this forum and we should have to launch SEO related website which can provide appropriate data to the User who always looking for Search Engine Optimization results from the web search engines. So dude, if you want to build up professional SEO related website which can not only provide actual framework of SEO but also provide counseling services to user to perform the SEO related task on the web.

SitePoint Enthusiast jacksarloks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    description and keyword tags are wrong.
    Tool stuffed up with keywords is the description tag - it should be a description of the page.
    Keyword tag is spammed with keywords use up to 4 different keywords.

Meta description prob is on every page.

Should be good all the rest, get a free google webmaster tools account it will notify you of any serious problems. Don't take care of minor probs though every site will have that... not that important, just look out for any Red messages.
    No B.S. SEO Crash Course >> http://www.nobsseocrashcourse.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per the others, you need to reduce your key word focus. Spend time on Google Keywords tool to work out the more popular search phrases and to drive this into content (without spamming). Site is clean though. Good luck

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some seo tips that can help

XML Sitemap Is Missing
    There are 5 images on this website and 3 of them don't have any alt attributes
    Design a 404 page
    your website is using inline styles avoid those to improve speed and seo ranking

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say one thing that the website is looking really awesome. And you need to contact some SEO expert to rank it well, only good design cannot help.

is craving 'the potato' slayerment's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEO:
    What in particular is wrong with the SEO? I assume one of their main keywords is "Anti-Fatigue Rubber Mats" (as it's in the homepage title) and they rank #5 in Google Austrialia for it. "Safety Matting Solutions" is #1.

What keywords does the site fail to rank well for? It's hard to know what to critique without knowing more about the actual keywords in consideration. I think on-page the site is okay for the most part.

Design:
    I would put the number at the top of the page and make it big, there's plenty of space for it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The colors are a bit jarring, I dont know but the red just kind of hit my eyes so harshly it gave me a bad first impression. Otherwise the site seems smooth and responsive. The domain name is really messy and I would never remember it.

May be a good niche for all I know. Sometimes the boring ones make for the best markets.

of course some of your pages are incomplete, like the products page has some 'example text' pasted over and over again.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not much content. Google will not give your site much SEO value if each page has less than 100 words of content. As a general rule, most SEOs would say you should aim for 400-600 words of content for each page. For this site, I think 200-350 words on each individual page would suffice.

The site loads very slowly. You should use sprites when possible, combine your stylesheets and javascript files when possible (it would be best to have only 1 of each), and try to reduce the amount of calls being made to the server in as many ways as you can find. This is a very important and often overlooked aspect of SEO.

Your META Description and Title Tag on many of the product pages are identical. You need a unique META Description and Title Tag for every page.

Add Schema.org microformats where applicable (the reviews would have the most value because then the stars would show up in search results).
    Levy's Fine Jewelry- buyers and sellers of modern, antique, and estate jewelry

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything about this site is wrong. Onsite and offsite optimization need alot of work and not just ordinary work i mean serious work. Most of the things have been pointed out by other members. Now all you need is the services of professional seo who can do that for you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you have started your discussion - critique of a professional website, Lets talk about design essence for your home page:-

Headline - Don't you think when a user comes to your website, then within three seconds they should understand what site is offering, although you have headline, but it is little difficult to understand it at first glance

Subheadings - Use subheadings with different "H" tags (h1 to h6) prioritize your services and use them accordingly

Are You giving reason Why to choose you - Thousands of businesses are available, have you given reason why one should select you?

Primary Call for action - You don't have very clear primary call for action.

Where are Key Features of your business? - Every business have some key features you need to mention what benefits you are giving your clients, how you stand out from crowed

Any Client Testimonial - How you have done or do value addition of your clients.

Indicating Success - Awards, recognition creates a trust as well people understand you expert in your domain.

Navigation - You should use different utility navigation elements, see below -
    1. Home
    2. About
    3. Contact us
    4. Search
    5. Privacy Policy
    6. Copyright
    7. Disclaimer
    8. Blog
    9. Services etc.

Using Proper Images which can spread your voice: One image represents thousands of words, using supporting images gives you credibility and clarify what exactly you offer. Using proper and real images or short videos are very helpful.

Content - Content is king everywhere, not just search engines love it but it helps you in each manner. Offering solutions for the problems or challenges what a user encounters with your content such as offering for downloading eBook, whitepaper always helps you in long term as well give you chances to remain well connected with your users.

Sign of Trust - Sign of accreditation on website gives a sense to their users, You should put these things at your home page

Your Logo - Placement, size, design could be better

Apart from design part there are many challenges with optimization.