SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if some of you could take a peak at my site and tell me what you think of the main page. [url]http://www.fantasystats.com/ You really can;t get to far into the site, as it is a subscription site for managing Fantasy Football leagues.
    Craig D. Parker
    http://www.fantasystats.com
    Free Fantasy Football Leagues

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my opinion:

- make the title at the top of the page more visible,
    - check the font in left & right columns and copyright info (or check the font in the central column)
    - change form buttons, i dislike the font size of them

a little question: why don't you allow unregistered members to take a look inside? I never played "fantasy football" but I'm curious...

a tip: Move NFL Injury report headlines at the top of the central column, providing more accessible information will grow up your visits... i hope ;-)

Hope this help,
    simone
    Simone Lippolis
    Milan, Italy
    www.hotservices.net

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    obviously a lot of work has gone into this site..nice site.
    but, it needs a another colour to break things up, or redo the header image...its far too camoflaged, in that it blends in with the rest of the page too much.

otherwise..nice

regards
    bj
    regards BJ

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once a user registers, they choose the color scheme of their choice based on each NFL Team's colors. These are only tow colors that is whY i have don it this way. However, I will look into someting to alieviate your point. A very good one at that.

Inside the site, you have your league information and team information. You can acquire, release, and trade players. You can set your weekly lineup, send messages, and a whole bunch of other things. These processes however, are useless unless you have a fantasy football league. Before the start of the next season, I will have a take a tour page(s), that will aloow you to see what you can have on the inside. Because of the very curiousity feature you mentioned.

Thanks for your help and each of you did give me a good idea, or rerinforced an old one.

Thanks,
    Craig
    Craig D. Parker
    http://www.fantasystats.com
    Free Fantasy Football Leagues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent site, overall.

Suggestions:

1. Logo needs work. It looks too plain and needs something acompanying it (an athlete or sport of some sort?).

2. On the right column, "Webmaster Forum", it doesn't look good with so much text there... it should be a brief sentence or two with a link to complete details.

3. Center your copyright statement at the bottom.

4. Really consider adding photos to acompany your content.

5. Make sure the font is all the same size and type. Under the "NFL Information" and "Features" sections on the bottom left, it looks to be different than on the rest of the page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, good job. You have a color scheme, a well-organized front page, and a cleanly organized site. You've optimized your HTML completely, which shows not only in the code, but by quick loading times.

You could add a few important links though, such as contact, privacy policy, about us, etc. Also, a news section on the front page having the last couple days' news, with a link to older news would be good. That helps visitors know that you update your site and what's going on. One more color in the theme wouldn't hurt; I like blue (hence my name ), but just blue can get a little boring. Maybe a bit of another color like gold would spruce things up a bit.

Here's one problem. The "What is an Auction?" and "Fantasy vs. Reality?" links on schedule pages take me to another schedule page, while the ones on the front page work.

So, overall, good job. It looks like you are well on your way to a successful site.