SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need inspiration

I'm about to start redesigning a site and I've got a company logo and nothing else. The logo really only works on a white background, does anyone have any ideas what I can do regarding a new template? I plain white banner doesn't inspire me!

Here's the logo

gingham dress, army boots... silver trophy redux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look at the logo, find the colours it uses, and based on those build a primary palette to use on the site. now build a secondary palette (for instance, all those colours, but saturated only to 50%).
    then, look at the lines of the logo. hard edges, or flowing curves ? you can then decide if you want to use those on the site's look as well.
    lastly, think very hard on the actual structure of the site. the navigation should be logical in terms of the site's structure, and simple+effective in how it's displayed to the user.
    also, it sometimes helps to work in a modular fashion. start by working out what a heading might look like, or what image you want to use for bullet points in lists, etc. make lots of little building blocks for yourself, and then slowly put them together and unify them with an overall design and layout.
    those would be my main suggestions...
    re·dux (adj.): brought back; returned. used postpositively
    [latin : re-, re- + dux, leader; see duke.]
    WaSP Accessibility Task Force Member
    splintered.co.uk | photographia.co.uk | redux.deviantart.com