SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Evangelist bradical1379's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking header design. Very attractive and professional.

Recent post layout is a bit convoluted. The topics run into one another and I have a hard time following what information starts and stops where.

The post pages have some overlap issues with the layout in Chrome.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @bradical1379 - Thanks.

Just updated the recent post layout. That look a little more clear on beginning/end?

Nice catch on Chrome. Fixed.
    Finally, harness the power of responsive web design. 41% off for Sitepoint members only until the end of September 2013.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoy the simple layout. I did notice the footer at the bottom, With such a wide width for your page i would match the footer width with the headers. To me this would give more flow to the eye while scrolling, and give cleaner opportunities to place links. The way your text is formed on the page is appealing, but i would fill more white space. In my opinion there is too much white space on both sides of the articles.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @DariusShojaei. I'm going to try the wider black footer. I agree it is a little disjointed. Kind of floating. Stretching it to both sides of the viewport will be more consistent with the rest of the design.

In regards to white space, are you referring to the homepage only? The blog has a lightly shaded badge (#fffff2) on each side of posts. Sides of all posts are also vertically bordered.

Maybe the badge isn't showing on your monitor? This is something I have noticed on different monitors and might go a little darker to compensate.
    Finally, harness the power of responsive web design. 41% off for Sitepoint members only until the end of September 2013.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I review your site and it looks so nice. Wonderful layout.